Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: Cash-out / Buy-in

Typically poker is played as table stakes. Meaning once money is on the table it doesn't come off. This also means you can't add more while your involved in a hand. Both are very important. So if this is how you're playing then:

1. No. Player A could buy from Player B's stack but the cash must stay on the table. Some people / places don't like cash on the table or allow it to play so converting it to chips would be required. And if you're going to do this might as well just have Player A buy more chips directly. I don't mind cash on the table so I would allow one player to buy from another.

2. No. Only way to take money off the table is to leave the game. THis is a good reason to have a set time limit, I use 1 hour, that somebody must be gone before they can rebuy in at a lower level, otherwise they need to buy back in for the same amount as when they left. Example: You tripled your buy in from $100 to $300 and you decide you want to pocket some of these winnings. You're told you can't unless you cash out totally. So you say cash me out and walk outside only to return 2 minutes later and say "Can I buy back in for $100 now". This is no different than allowing you to take it off the table during the course of play. With my rule you would be required to buy back in for $300. If you stay out / gone for an hour or more and come back, then you can buy back in for the $100.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:29 PM

This happens quite frequently in AC. The cash must stay on the table and is in play.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:22 PM

This deutschebag at a game I go to sometimes takes all his chips off the table before he leaves except the pocket change and always wants to try and robusto his loose chips. It's [censored] [censored], and I make a point of giving him abuse for it every time but he thinks he is doing nothing wrong. He is like "Nah man, this is just what I have left over" and it's like [censored] you you're going south you asshat.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:52 PM

lol deutschebag