Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:26 PM

Default Re: More Hollywood gossip: George Clooney

[ QUOTE ]
CDS - really?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously questioning the validity of a CDS anecdote/story/fairytale?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 PM

PJ: Awesome post, regardless of exact level of veracity.

Matt: He was the biggest star in an ensemble cast of one of the biggest shows on TV, ER. He then became a bankable leading man, starring in some big feature films. What more do you need to be a huge star?

CW: "Sounds like a fair amount of hush money to keep some sick [censored] quiet to me." Yeah, me too. Hopefully this doesn't mean all those rumors about Clooney being gay are true.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its BS simply do to the fact that this is a story the tabloids would have loved to talk about.
And if PJ's friend heard about it from a friend then someone at US or Star etc would have heard about it to.

[/ QUOTE ]

CDS - really? I have a friend who used to work for US Weekly (now writes for People) - he did the "Celebrities Are Just Like Us!" thing, as well as general celebrity reporting in clubs and stuff.

Anyway he doesn't publish / report everything he sees or hears about, if only because he can lose some access - the whole gossip industry is sort of relationship based it seems.

I always assumed there's actually alot of stuff that goes down that tabloids choose not to pick up on and publish.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Clooney getting milked 7.5 mil over a 6 month relationship makes one of the major tabloids guaranteed. US is the most celebrity friendly..but that is not the case for Star, TMZ, National Enquirer etc. Juicy story is always >>> than being kissy kissy with a actor or celeb

This isn't like some little thing...its a massive massive burn on one of hollywood's most famous celebrities.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM

Plus this story has got to be from awhile ago cuz they disbanded section eight like in 2006/07. Plus either this girl was the best kept secret of all time...don't recall any mention of Clooney having a steady live in girlfriend for 2 years besides the french chick from way back when. Or she was a [censored] buddy who Clooney allowed to crash at his place 24/7.

Clooney supposedly really took care of the french chick, who thought she was going to marry Clooney, but I don't see how Clooney, if this were legit, would a need to hush this up cuz he's single and known as a massive poon hound b ever get stuck with such a huge settlement given he has some of the most powerful lawyers in the world who could make mince meat out of this suit.

I'm going to email the link to this thread to the National Enquirier to see if they do a story.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its BS simply do to the fact that this is a story the tabloids would have loved to talk about.
And if PJ's friend heard about it from a friend then someone at US or Star etc would have heard about it to.

[/ QUOTE ]

CDS - really? I have a friend who used to work for US Weekly (now writes for People) - he did the "Celebrities Are Just Like Us!" thing, as well as general celebrity reporting in clubs and stuff.

Anyway he doesn't publish / report everything he sees or hears about, if only because he can lose some access - the whole gossip industry is sort of relationship based it seems.

I always assumed there's actually alot of stuff that goes down that tabloids choose not to pick up on and publish.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Clooney getting milked 7.5 mil over a 6 month relationship makes one of the major tabloids guaranteed. US is the most celebrity friendly..but that is not the case for Star, TMZ, National Enquirer etc. Juicy story is always >>> than being kissy kissy with a actor or celeb

This isn't like some little thing...its a massive massive burn on one of hollywood's most famous celebrities.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Perennial bachelor Clooney had been living with his girlfriend for 2 years" Why the [censored] do you keep saying 6 months.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM

Thank you for your submission. Your tip has been forwarded to the editorial offices of the National Enquirer.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Perennial bachelor Clooney had been living with his girlfriend for 2 years" Why the [censored] do you keep saying 6 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

saw this
Evidently you can get it after as little as 6 months.

and got confused.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM

CDS - that's a fair point, but I also think it's possible that tabloids like TMZ might not be privy to alot of stuff. Who knows, I'm not a gossip industry expert. But I could see something like Joker's story happening though, very easily, and never landing on the tabloid pages.

-Al
Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure you have to actually present yourselves as married for it to be a common-law marriage.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe for the most part this is true in colorado.

when i lived there was a story which im fuzzy on the details and was probably an urban legend. it's of a rich man checking into a hotel w/ his one night stand. as a joke he signs them in as Mr and Mrs. he dies that night. she claims common law and receives his assets.