Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Study Group

I'm interested to, I've played ~25k hands at nl25. PM me or AIM me (chkmyrivr)
Old 09-16-2007, 01:22 PM

I'd be very interested in this. please pm me with info
Old 09-16-2007, 02:48 PM

I'm interested, too. What's the structure?

I'm just moving up from .05/.10: +16bb/100 over 1k hands at 25nl. I'd love to do some session reviews in a small group.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:00 PM

The OP and I have been brainstorming some ideas on what would be the best way to do this. We have come up with two main ones:

1. Having a table open with one of the group members playing and relaying the info to the chat room where some of us are sitting so we can discuss the key hands, difficult spots, etc.

2. Another idea was for the group members to take turns and make a video of him/herself playing once a week or once every couple weeks. Discussion of the videos can take place in this thread. If some members don't have the resources to make the video, the members that do can pick up the slack and make an extra vid or two. Also, PM me if you have questions on how to make a poker vid -- there is also a sticky on here about it.

3. Just post some troubling hands in this thread and we can all give some feedback and discuss these hands to death. Although this can be done at the regular Microstakes forum.

Let us know what you all think,

Thanks and good luck at the tables.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:04 PM

sign me up, I've played with you on UB CyBull, you just don't know it. AIM is MusicalShangrila. Moved up from 10nl through 25nl now breaking into 50nl with a 27 BI roll on my main FTP acct
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 PM

I'd be up for this.

I normally play 25nl right now, as I just moved down from 50nl after getting hammered [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 12:57 PM

Hey Guys I'm very keen aswell I was previously beating NL50, but went busto am on the comeback trail now. I'm super keen for this, think the best way would be to all get on an instant messager server at a set time and post HH'sdiscuss optimal strategy player's etc and once a month someone does a video
Old 09-18-2007, 01:24 PM

I'm interested in starting this next week, ~24th, when I get out of the 9-5 and back into poker seriously. I will be playing 5k hands 25nl, assuming that goes well, 5k 50nl, then 100nl which is where my rolls at, then hopefully shots at 200nl before too long... This is assuming I still got it (which is the idea behind starting low again) - haven't played 6max over the summer, only HU 100nl.

Anyone who's interested in starting on monday, possibly doing video reviews PM me, and hopefully get a group of 4 or something. Only PM me if your actually going to follow through with it though!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in starting this next week, ~24th, when I get out of the 9-5 and back into poker seriously. I will be playing 5k hands 25nl, assuming that goes well, 5k 50nl, then 100nl which is where my rolls at, then hopefully shots at 200nl before too long... This is assuming I still got it (which is the idea behind starting low again) - haven't played 6max over the summer, only HU 100nl.

Anyone who's interested in starting on monday, possibly doing video reviews PM me, and hopefully get a group of 4 or something. Only PM me if your actually going to follow through with it though!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm probably not going to race throught these lower limits I'd be interested in starting on the 1st of Oct but happy to start before, and would like to hear from anyone who is interested in what i have suggested. PM me if your keen
Old 09-18-2007, 01:40 PM

I'm definately interested. I also have a good way for people to easily discuss