Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: who is this girl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As I read some of these comments though I am extremely hurt that some people who dont know me would call me a bitch... I guess they can only make that conclusion because they dont what Im about or who I am...

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense. It's because... you're young, you're pretty, you're unattainable by creepy older folk (unless you wish to exchange sex for cash), you're Asian (many Americans harbor grudges against the successfulness of Asian people), you're playing a man's game, you're sharper than a lot of women, and it all counts against you.

The last time I heard a man (actually it was 2 men) call a woman a bitch, the woman was Asian, very beautiful, successful, and wanted nothing to do with them. She was their boss.

Get used to it and get over it quickly. Remember though that flirting comes with a price and it's not going to work on other women. Of course everyone would love to see you try!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow that was a dumb post to quote.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rottersod, u suck at nvg...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I actually take that as a compliment.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 AM

Maybe she is pissed that 'average' women are bad players, make 'feminine small talk' at the table (WTF is that? ' feminine small talk'? You were talking about tampons and baby birth?) and generally give women a bad name as airheads? And then the slightly-to-much better ones have to deal with the prejudice?
Just a (rather imperfect) theory.

[ QUOTE ]
thats only part of why some people call her a bitch, i think. although she was not rude to me personally, i saw her put down some amateurs for basically no reason. women, no less, at a ladies event. it made no sense..

one example: we have only been playing about 20 minutes. a woman comes and sits down in the empty seat on diane's left. one of the first few hands after that, diane is utg, but the new chick mistakes diane for the bb and raises out of turn. the woman realizes her mistake almost immediately and apologizes to the table, embarrassed. she is obviously playing this tournament for fun and is nervous. instead of just continuing, diane proceeds to embarrass her further by making a BIG show out of asking the dealer "did she just raise out of turn???". (it had already been clearly established to the table that she had and was aware of her mistake.) but this woman again sheepishly apologized, this time directly to diane. diane's response to her apology was to pick up her cards face level, look at them in disgust, and muck them, as if this woman had intentionally robbed her of her own possible raise. it was painful to watch, and it was awkward, since the rest of us were pretty much chiling and engaging in otherwise friendly feminine small talk.

i wouldnt classify her as a bitch, but she was def kind of abrasive to people. i didnt get what she was trying to prove... and i should mention she was very pleasant to the notable people at the table. she probably would not have said that to one of them..

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-20-2007, 08:46 PM

These pics do not do this girl justice... she is smoking hot in person
Old 09-20-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed 100%
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think she likes me.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omfg how has no one else quoted this?

[/ QUOTE ]

who the hell is this chick?? her body is outrageous
Old 09-21-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omfg how has no one else quoted this?

[/ QUOTE ]

who the hell is this chick?? her body is outrageous

[/ QUOTE ]
that is poker bobs girl. while he is generaly nice and easy going,he canget a lil over protective of his #1 lady. so back off.(i hate it when people troll theses threads. posting things with little to no substance.)
Old 09-21-2007, 02:05 AM

Just saw this thread is somehow still alive:

[ QUOTE ]
Just a thought? Isnt it a good idea and somewhat of an advantage to cover people at the table so that when you do wake up with a hand you maximize your profit?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hysterical given that you folded AK that hand. You buy in to cover the table by almost 5 times the closest amount so that you can maximize your profit (no ego involved at all in buying in for 20k when I was the only person w/more than 3k I'm sure) then you fold AK on Axx because it's just one pair when we're not that deep and it's in a reraised pot. Great strategic use of your big stack! If buying in deep makes you play scared and make awful folds then maybe you should stick to short buyins or stop playing AK because it's hard to flop broadway and you apparently only put that stack in with the nuts.
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe after a few more posts like yours and I will become what you think of me... "a bitch" ...
Sincerely
Diana [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to be clear, I didn't call you a bitch and I didn't think you were one at the time. But telling me I post like a bitch when the most negative thing I had to say about you is that you were showing off is definitely a bitch move
Old 09-21-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe she is pissed that 'average' women are bad players, make 'feminine small talk' at the table (WTF is that? ' feminine small talk'? You were talking about tampons and baby birth?) and generally give women a bad name as airheads? And then the slightly-to-much better ones have to deal with the prejudice?
Just a (rather imperfect) theory.

[ QUOTE ]
thats only part of why some people call her a bitch, i think. although she was not rude to me personally, i saw her put down some amateurs for basically no reason. women, no less, at a ladies event. it made no sense..

one example: we have only been playing about 20 minutes. a woman comes and sits down in the empty seat on diane's left. one of the first few hands after that, diane is utg, but the new chick mistakes diane for the bb and raises out of turn. the woman realizes her mistake almost immediately and apologizes to the table, embarrassed. she is obviously playing this tournament for fun and is nervous. instead of just continuing, diane proceeds to embarrass her further by making a BIG show out of asking the dealer "did she just raise out of turn???". (it had already been clearly established to the table that she had and was aware of her mistake.) but this woman again sheepishly apologized, this time directly to diane. diane's response to her apology was to pick up her cards face level, look at them in disgust, and muck them, as if this woman had intentionally robbed her of her own possible raise. it was painful to watch, and it was awkward, since the rest of us were pretty much chiling and engaging in otherwise friendly feminine small talk.

i wouldnt classify her as a bitch, but she was def kind of abrasive to people. i didnt get what she was trying to prove... and i should mention she was very pleasant to the notable people at the table. she probably would not have said that to one of them..

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think your prejudice towards women is limited to just poker.. according to you the "average woman" is an airhead whose conversation with other women is limited to tampons and childbirth? um.... go [censored] yourself, dude.