Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (9/17)

^Agreed about Baxter, he seemed to know what he was doing, somewhat, until that hand.

lol txbarbaroosa. I think it was Benyamine that let on that Sammy won something like $15 million in six months playing poker. He's considered a very good Omaha player, I guess that is where he makes his money.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:20 AM

I like the hand where Baxter lost $100k. They zoom in on his face right after it happened, and you can almost hear him say, "Dammit, guess I'll have to stay at the office an extra 15 minutes tomorrow to make up that loss."
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 AM

[rant]
Daniel was on the WSOP Players Committee. If he did his job he could have prevented that stupid "show one, show both" rule. And after all this time he still thinks it's a TDA rule, when it's a WSOP rule. I guess he never read either rulebook. So why is he on the Players Committee, when there are so many other players out there who make an effort to improve the poker world? Danny can't even be bothered to read his emails from the WSOP. [/rant]
Old 09-18-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
^Agreed about Baxter, he seemed to know what he was doing, somewhat, until that hand.

lol txbarbaroosa. I think it was Benyamine that let on that Sammy won something like $15 million in six months playing poker. He's considered a very good Omaha player, I guess that is where he makes his money.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah that's what i've heard. it's just amazing he is so damn bad at NL holdem. He's not even competent imho. He's just a straight up donkey.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 AM

nvm
Old 09-18-2007, 02:36 AM

Farha reminds me of this crazy fish that comes to my home game. The guy is always raising and calling with every draw. But the guy almost always leaves busto.

The difference I guess is farha is throwing around chips with 3 to 4 zeros on them I guess.

He ran sick good in season 1. Now the cards are breaking even.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:40 AM

Why the hell is phil taking insurance, will a 100k loss really hurt him that much???

Also the guys giving him insurance (Elezra here but Ivey on the WSOP) are giving him super bad prices, they are making soooooooo much EV off him
Old 09-18-2007, 02:44 AM

Is todays episode uploaded anywhere yet? [censored] time warner is a terrible piece of [censored] DVR and it claims there was an error trying to record it.

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:59 AM

I'd say the difference between Farha and the guy at your table is that Farha is a really good reader.

Everyone remembers him getting lucky in HSP 1, what they seem to be forgetting are all the amazing bluffs he made when his opponents bet into him and weren't strong. He won a bunch of $15k pots that way.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[rant]
Daniel was on the WSOP Players Committee. If he did his job he could have prevented that stupid "show one, show both" rule. And after all this time he still thinks it's a TDA rule, when it's a WSOP rule. I guess he never read either rulebook. So why is he on the Players Committee, when there are so many other players out there who make an effort to improve the poker world? Danny can't even be bothered to read his emails from the WSOP. [/rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

They dropped that rule right after the WSOP started. I specifically asked a dealer about it while playing.