Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: I was told to 3bet the turn

Once she 5 bets PF TT is somewhat unlikely i think although not outside the realm of possibility. I think 3 bet is easy.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:07 AM

I don't know her nor do I likely understand the dynamic of this game, but from a distance it sure appears she has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or, maybe, the other aces.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:14 PM

Would she cap preflop with tens? Looks like an easy three bet to me. She can't have a flush. Looks like KK [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I c/r a river [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did I miss a bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

clark made a big post with similar preflop action a while ago and the reasons in that thread for not 5-betting were pretty compelling.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:41 PM

You have the best hand, the best draw, and you will almost certainly get paid off. 3-bet the thing, already. If you add in the fact that there may be scare cards that come on the end (which would in fact give you the nuts), then your decision should be even more automatic. 3-bet the thing, already.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:38 PM

although I like your pre-flop decision because it adds deception and your likely to get more bets in post-flop, I think the hand is easier to play post-flop if you make it 5 bets. I'm cool with your decision.

you have a huge equity edge and 11 cards to redraw in the event she has TT, you have to 3-ball. The chance she holds the flush is practically nil from the description of her play, she is looking for a free showdown on the turn. As played I agree with your c/c river line.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
although I like your pre-flop decision because it adds deception and your likely to get more bets in post-flop, I think the hand is easier to play post-flop if you make it 5 bets. I'm cool with your decision.

you have a huge equity edge and 11 cards to redraw in the event she has TT, you have to 3-ball. The chance she holds the flush is practically nil from the description of her play, she is looking for a free showdown on the turn. As played I agree with your c/c river line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Small correction: you have 13 outs if she has TT (8 diamonds, 3 non-diamond 4's, 2 aces).

Rob
Old 09-18-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Small correction: you have 13 outs if she has TT (8 diamonds, 3 non-diamond 4's, 2 aces).

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

you are, as usual, correct.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM

As played pf, I definitely 3-bet the turn, because your hand is under-repped and Maria is telling you she has an overpair to the board with her aggression on every street. If she has TT (which I think is unlikely with her 5-bet pf), you've got plenty of outs to improve...