Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Potential Multiaccounting in the 530$ WCOOP

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I find this info at the very least interesting and amusing:

but I may be the only one.

Note: There is no filter in the info, those are ALL the tournaments the final tabler of the WCOOP $2 Million Guaranteed, has played to date according to officialpokerrankings

[/ QUOTE ]

sirio, i'm one of a few people here who like what you're doing. Online poker needs it's watchdogs. I suggest that anyone who happens to see strange patterns like this go ahead and turn over their findings to Pokerstars security.

However, we don't need to make huge threads listing off everyone who could possibly be cheating. If you find something that doesn't look right, have stars look it over and let them do the investigating.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:57 PM

It's been over a month since he's played a tournament and then decides to play a $530? Maybe you've never seen BTYS threads in BBV where he plays a $1/45 to abuse micro players and blow off steam.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:01 PM

he came in 1st place in a 1800person $1.10 mtt. So maybe he's capable of playin above the rim.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ps I'll admit I don't know the mechanics of account buying, but I really don't understand how people reconcile "he's a random donk who has played ten tourneys" with "he's plugged into a network that will make it possible for him to sell his account, on the fly, trusting a guy he's probably never met."

I'm betting account buyers have a reasonably limited pool of donks from which to select. Some fifty year old dude from Ohio isn't going to be checking his aim to see if actionjeff wants to take over.

OF COURSE it's still a problem. But let's be rational about trying to solve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time I have ever "bought someone's account" and played is when I had not played the tournament and it was not against the rules on PokerStars, so I don't appreciate that comment. I do think your point is good though, there aren't that many players that are candidates for this type of thing (which is certainly a good thing, and makes it easier to patrol as well).

I think the OP is kind of silly just calling people out. However this is clearly a problem. I would HOPE that PokerStars checks IPs, makes phonecalls, etc, to look for any foul play deep in these tournaments.

One other thing:

Re: staking. Someone stakes someone in a tournament without telling people, possibly even lives with them or plays in the same room, possibly coaches them. At some point clearly, the line has been crossed here. I am staking one person in the WCOOP this year, and I felt it was my responsibility to email PokerStars and tell them this before my backee participated in any tournaments. I think if this was a policy on PokerStars it would help solve a lot of problems.

-Jeff
Old 09-17-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he came in 1st place in a 1800person $1.10 mtt. So maybe he's capable of playin above the rim.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm pretty sure he blew off steam by playing all those hours the 1800person tourney. Maybe that day was a hell of a Tilt playing cash games.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's actually tougher to do this than final table yesterdays WCOOP tourney...I mean, they don't respect your raises. Donks calling off stacks with gutshots and hitting. He obv is a high level tournament player, no doubt.
/thread
Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM

jeff- it was just a joke, i didn't mean to imply you were looking to buy accounts, more making fun of the fact that your name is associated with this stuff, because, like it or not, you're the agent through which most of us learned of this, both because of the time you bought an account (legally) and the post you made. I can see why you wouldn't want jokes like that made in a context where people can take them the wrong way. My bad.

sirio - In a thread where a bunch of people are making a bunch of random accusations, including some directed at people who either clearly have done nothing wrong or very likely have done nothing wrong, it is just as important to prevent the search from becoming a witchhunt as it is for you (or anyone else) to do your part to help Stars enforce their rules. My initial post was pretty simple, and it wasn't a derailment if you put the entire issue in context. Multiaccounting sucks for the game, but so does a legit poker player who won a ton of money being accused of cheating just because he won a ton of money, whether he be a lucky average dude or a pro unknown even to sharkscope.

I agree that you've focused on the most suspicious guy.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:29 PM

yea i also 5 bet shoved aq into ur kk, thinking i was in good shape against ur range [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] seriously i was watching the last 50 ppl and there is some rly weird aggressive play from "bad" players on tracking sites and i guarantee these guys r not high stakes cash pros......
Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From the Sweat thread:

taktloss47 said, "nh jan"
fredmainiac said, "jan is coaching me"
taktloss47 said, "glgl ^^"
fredmainiac said, "but says hi"

Fredmainiac is being "coached" by Jan Heitmann?

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/play...=r&n=25825

Plot thickens, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only thing relating to the WCOOP of any interest in this thread. I guess with online poker it is impossible to police this type of behavior.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:11 PM

The kid who came second in the Fulltilt Million yesterday was a losing player untill he won 125K. Just believe that some people can run insanly good. Ask Jamie Gold.