Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Bluff turn, value bet river - line check

BB seems a reasonable player. UTG+1 is super uber loose passive fish. Plz check the flop call with overs, turn bluff, river value bet. ktnx!

Full Tilt Poker $1/$2 Limit Hold'em - 8 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font> ...
Old 09-16-2007, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Bluff turn, value bet river - line check

[ QUOTE ]
super uber loose passive fish

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bluff

[/ QUOTE ]
Have fun explaining this to some poor kitten's family.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:15 PM

Preflop: standard

Flop: I'm not folding.

Turn: I probably don't bet because super uber loose passive fish isn't folding... but then maybe you have the best hand and/or can get the other guy to fold a pair. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

River: Crappy that it's a diamond. I like b/f though.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:22 PM

I don't like the turn bet. Even HU against BB it probably isn't going to work often enough, and with the super-loose UTG+1 clogging things up, I think it's spew.

The flop call is close; BB's range at this point is most likely 66, 88, 99, T8+, so a fair bit of that has you reverse dominated. Ugh, I'd probably call, but I think it's marginal at best.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:35 PM

I think the turn is a check. You don't get reasonable BB to fold Tx (even though he puts you on an ace) and UTG+1 isn't folding anything helpful, so it looks bad to me.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BB seems reasonable

[/ QUOTE ]

that could go a number of ways

anyways ...

BB is reasonable so he knows UTG is a totaly donkey ... he also knows that you don't need a 'great' starting hand to raise a lone retard from CO.

he should also know that his flop bet is unlikely to flop UTG, or you on that flop

so his bet is most likely for value (he wants UTG to call, and doesn't exactly care if you raise) ... so strong draw or big hand
a player with a brain likely 3bangs TT pre flop for value (unless he views you a nit) - then perhaps he calls planing on checkraising a good flop (to 'protect')

so I'm really thinking:
55, 77
T7s, 75s
9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
OESD, or a just a diamond draw with a solid overcard (AKQJ)
perhaps he also leads with a hand he hopes to have you reverse dominated with ) AT, A7s

I call the flop and plan on playing with some caution if I hit TP ...

ace hits on the turn ... villain checks [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
OK - so he puts you on big overs and doesn't want to get raises (or he is hoping you hit your ace and is going to check raise ... not caring if the retard call two or not)

checked to you ... this is an easy check behind ... whatever this guy had on the flop he isn't folding (compound that with the presence of a retard ... bluffing into a retard is the number one no-no) ... yes there is a small chance that you are ahead but your hand isn't worth betting

river King ...

i think what makes up a lot of hands that BB leads out the flop and check calls the ace turn is mostly draws ... will this guy call with many hands that you beat after both and ace and king drop and you bet both streets?

but whatever this other idiot has ?? - could really be anything

on the river ... it looks like a pretty hard spot ... if BB can be tricky I wouldn't even think of betting; but if not, I probably take a bet/fold line (more to get value from this other idiot than BB)
Old 09-16-2007, 09:50 PM

I wouldn't bet that turn. I would bet that river after turn gets checked through, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

... he also knows that you don't need a 'great' starting hand to raise a lone retard from CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope this is cutoff and not colorado. i might have to be offended even if it weren't true.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks all for your input, I knew turn bet was meh, needed the reinforcement from the forum to make it stick [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It just looked like such a perfecto bluff opportunity, I clicked BET and hated it. Especially when they both called.

I put BB on a pair of tens or a set, then ruled out the set when he checked the turn. The donkey could be calling with total air.

River was an easy value bet/fold, IMHO. Given the way the hand played out, I was positive that BB had a ten, and unless he held specifically KT, I am kicking his buttocks. I am surely ahead of the donkey's range. BTW, both of them folded to river bet.

[ QUOTE ]

i hope this is cutoff and not colorado. i might have to be offended even if it weren't true.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL'ed [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] "Raising a lone retard from CO" &lt;----- NC thread nomination
Old 09-17-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It just looked like such a perfecto bluff opportunity, I clicked BET and hated it.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what I think everytime they check to me [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

not much to say, really
i wouldnt bet the turn, rest is okay [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]