Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Social dynamics: club at the end of the night

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed recently that in "real" bars (meaning for younger people mostly but no under-21 nonsense), there are about a zillion groups of above average girls (for me this is awesome as I like 5's-8's with big asses) all alone with no guys in sight.

Sometimes you'll make eye contact with them across the bar and they'll immediately turn and whisper something to their friend, who then looks over to you while pretending to just be glancing around. Then of course you don't approach her and just tell your friends about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this exact thing just happened to me saturday night. [censored]
Old 09-17-2007, 10:59 AM

Whats with the 2am closing time? Is this the standard deal in the US?
Old 09-17-2007, 12:13 PM

Most places aren't allowed to serve alcohol past 2 am. Hence there is no sense of operating an establishment where the primary source of revenue is selling alcohol. There are a few after hours clubs, but they don't officially serve alcohol.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the dynamic of when they finally turn the lights on in the place so people can shuffle out and you see the guys actually seeing just how nasty the girls they were dancing with are in the light of day.

[/ QUOTE ]

This can be avoided by being drunk enough at this point you no longer care.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:01 PM

What no one has mentioned yet, is that this end of the night social dynamic doesn't stop when the bouncers finally kick everyone out of the club -- it spills over and continues in the sidewalk/parking lot in front of the club. For most this is the true last chance, if you didn't successfully get anything going once the lights were turned on in the club.

And it doesn't necessarily end there. Once you get in your car to leave, it's not entirely uncommon to hook up with girls in the car next to you at the stop light or whatever right outside of the club. This is sort of like launching a 3 pointer from half court at the end of a quarter in a nba game.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most places aren't allowed to serve alcohol past 2 am. Hence there is no sense of operating an establishment where the primary source of revenue is selling alcohol. There are a few after hours clubs, but they don't officially serve alcohol.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not really true. It's completely dependent on geographical location. In NYC, last call is pretty much non-existent, though I think the technical cut-off is 4 AM.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What no one has mentioned yet, is that this end of the night social dynamic doesn't stop when the bouncers finally kick everyone out of the club -- it spills over and continues in the sidewalk/parking lot in front of the club. For most this is the true last chance, if you didn't successfully get anything going once the lights were turned on in the club.

And it doesn't necessarily end there. Once you get in your car to leave, it's not entirely uncommon to hook up with girls in the car next to you at the stop light or whatever right outside of the club. This is sort of like launching a 3 pointer from half court at the end of a quarter in a nba game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If all else fails, "we have weed" sometimes does the trick. It's only worked once. In Italy. The chicks were hot though.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is not really true. It's completely dependent on geographical location. In NYC, last call is pretty much non-existent, though I think the technical cut-off is 4 AM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the after-hours places that open at 12 and go all morning, hell, some parties don't start until 8am.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I noticed recently that in "real" bars (meaning for younger people mostly but no under-21 nonsense), there are about a zillion groups of above average girls (for me this is awesome as I like 5's-8's with big asses) all alone with no guys in sight.

Sometimes you'll make eye contact with them across the bar and they'll immediately turn and whisper something to their friend, who then looks over to you while pretending to just be glancing around. Then of course you don't approach her and just tell your friends about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, well said.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If all else fails, "we have weed" sometimes does the trick. It's only worked once. In Italy. The chicks were hot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my housemate's number 1 late night move. Of course where we live it is very common for girls to occasionally smoke and thus it works more often than you would think. These girls are usually overweight, so they may just be enjoying the attention.