Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Betting Structure and Heads up Razz hand range

I am curious to know what is the best way to view the correct range of hands to play according to the betting structure of heads up razz hands assuming both opponents are playing correctly. Obviously there would be adjustments if someone was supertight or a maniac spewing chips.

I know that the effect of the antes themselves is almost non-existant (unless playing with a abnormal sized ante) and that the forced bring in bet pretty much establishes the initial pot to drive the action.

When examining a betting structure and whether a hand is playable or not, I assume before considering the range of hands to play that you use the entire betting structure at a bet per street(which if everyone played perfect poker according to sklansky's theorum of poker it would be)rather than the immediate odds for that street only?

For example bring in is 50c and he called - the other player raises to $1 therefore offering immediate odds of 3 to 1 but if you consider every bet you got to play after that, it becomes 7.5/16 at least 46.88% to call that your hand is in a range that beats the players range of 53.12% based apon his upcard and the range required to beat your upcard and two random cards?

Just started reading theory of poker a few weeks ago... so don't know if im way off here but just trying to understand poker better...

Got sklansky on poker - its a great book - made me to date over $700 at 50c/$1...highly recommended