Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't have time to read this whole thread, but lol at GRAYCAT. This guy sat down at 3/6 NL table once (200 BB at Absolute, so $1200), and went all in every hand either preflop or on the flop. I still remember a couple hands I won against him: all in preflop, I call with 66, he shows ... 23o. MHIG. On an Axx flop, he pushes all in with K7 or something, I call with AQ, MHIG. He dropped about 5 buyins while I was at the table, but he had already been there for a while before I sat down.

Sadly, I never saw him again until this thread. If he's still throwing away cash, I'll have to hang out on Absolute some more and keep an eye out for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

The graycat name looked really familiar to me for some reason at the start of all this, but I could not quite place it. I decided to check my DB on my old computer and sure enough I played 54 hands against him at .5/1nl. He played 86/60ish and lost 600
Old 09-16-2007, 09:56 PM

My guess is that he still has substantial money on his AP account and this is an attempt to coverplay so he can get the rest out. We know that a lot players have had problems making big cashouts anyway.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
solid

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a little strange that he's willing to invest this much money in trying to repair his image considering the fact that we all estimated he won a few hundred thousand at most. If anything, I think this may be an indication that the cheating is more widespread than just his account, and he's trying to do everything he can to repair the damage he's done to his ring of cheaters.

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes sense. Makes me think of the guy who did drugs and kept attracting touble in Breaking Vegas.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:59 PM

Anyone ever see the movie The Cooler?

Maybe its this guy is just a Heater.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
or it could just be that the cards are breaking even now, while before he was running hot

[/ QUOTE ]
he won 37 buyins (assuming a buyin = 100BB) in 440 hands playing 90/70. do you seriously think its possible to do this without cheating?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

he won 37 buyins (assuming a buyin = 100BB) in 440 hands playing 90/70. do you seriously think its possible to do this without cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is possible. It's very improbable, but it is most assuredly possible.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or it could just be that the cards are breaking even now, while before he was running hot

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And that stat is still not the most amazing one. I don't think people realize how impossible it is to play 190 hands HEADS UP with the stats he had AND NEVER ONCE CALL ON THE RIVER. That set he had like around 30 WSD. That means that out of the 190 hands, he saw around 57 showdowns, heads up. He saw 57, and in all those 57 showdowns, he never once called on the river, he raised every time. I wish we had seen his went to river stat as well, because that would also be interesting. I cannot comprehend this statistic without him being able to see hole cards. The odds must be astronomical to have those stats, while simultaneously winning whatever ridiculous amount he won, with the won money at showdown stat that he also had.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:04 PM

I've never even heard of someone winning 37 buyins in a day. Let alone in less than 1k hands.

edit: sorry 440 hands, lol.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a donk going on a one in a million heater of a lifetime can win 10 buyins in 440 hands. that's possible. 37 buyins is impossible.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Very possible considering how he's playing 90/80. With that high vpip, you are going to either.

a. win a [censored] load
b. lose a [censored] load
Closed Thread