Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Tour Championship

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
is it me or are they taking every opportunity they can to comment on Cal's physique?

[/ QUOTE ]

johnny miller jerks off on tiger's biceps every 5 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

somewhere, Bobby Clampett is seething with jealousy.

Roger Maltbie is probably taping it all on NBC's version of the Konica Minolta BizHub SwingVision™.

"What do you think, Rog? A little bit left edge, here?"

"I don't see too much in it Johnny, I'd have to agree with that. Just stroke it firmly and take most of the break out of it and you should spray his left pectoral center cut."
Old 09-16-2007, 05:28 PM

I'm a huge golf fan and a big Tiger enthusiast, and even this is beginning to bore me a bit. For the last couple of hours, the tournament, the Fedex Cup title, and even Fedex Cup 2nd and 3rd place (quite a bit of bank) have been locked up already. Not much of a storyline to follow. Even the announcers are struggling to get by.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:29 PM

Gotta give credit to the Fedex guy for addressing the schedule & annuity issues head on. Prolly knew Tiger would, so he wisely decided to be proactive.

Props to Stricker for outlasting Hefty for the extra mil.

LOL Tiger up by 8 now. LOLOL Woody getting away with the whiff.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When euro says stuff like this about phil he's poking fun at you tiger guys that mean it when you say it about tiger. That's the difference and why euro is funny and you aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't really see anything that's funny, are you part of the euro bandwagon too? I'm not even trying to be funny, I'm being sarcastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

there really is no Euro bandwagon, only a Tiger bandwagon. and stabn seems to be pretty accurate in what he said there.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends if stabn has Phil-clouding judgment
Old 09-16-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've had >15yrs experience, and I say it was a whiff...he's done the exact same move as we allege he TRIED to do on previous holes...not once stopping the putter, and it is quite clear that he tried to do it again and missed.

[/ QUOTE ]
And your opinion counts for squat. Even a tour official who has 50 years experience opinion counts for squat. In this instance, there is only one person whose opinion counts, and that is Woody.

If you guys have so much experience, you would know that this is all about honor, and if Woody says there was no intent, then that's that. The end.

Hey, it looked like the intent was there to me as well. But I have the sense to know that my opinion doesn't mean anything either.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Our opinions matter on here, or else we wouldn't be here voicing them. I'm sure most of us wouldn't be saying the same thing in public that we are here if were professional golfers.

As for honor, I think golfers on the professional level are generally more honest than the average person, I don't think that every single one of them is. First, I believe that Mark O'Meara and Vijay Singh have cheated and I have less respect for them because of it (not to mention other things they've done). Second, there are differing levels of honesty. Would most players have refused a free drop like Furyk did a few months ago although he was entitled to one? I doubt it. Is it dishonest to do so? I think so, although I know of at least one golfer who ridiculously exaggerated a line of play one time to get a free drop and his integrity wasn't challenged.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BO,

Let me apologize for coming off a bit harsh. But you're acting like nobody has ever cheated in the history of this game. Like everyone calls every single penalty no matter what.

There are dozens of examples of cheating in the past...so for you to just say, "he's a golfer, we must trust him"... that doesn't fly for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
People cheat on the golf course all the time, but they aren't golfers. They are merely playing golf.

The players on the PGA Tour are different, they are held to a different standard. How many PGA Tour players can you name that have cheated? And how many other sports are there where the players call the penalties on themselves?

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Vijay & Monty (twice) have both cheated, tho not on the PGA Tour. Norman accused McCumber of cheating at the Tour Champ back in the 90s, and wouldn't sign his card. Wie almost got away with cheating when she first turned pro, but an alert member of the media caught her.

EDIT: Forgot about O'Meara, tho I don't recall how clearcut it was.

DL3 once called a penalty on himself with no one around that nearly cost him a spot in the Masters (where he proceeded to finish 2nd).
Old 09-16-2007, 05:49 PM

These commentators are going insane. One word to describe Tiger is "appreciate"? That doesn't even make sense.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've had >15yrs experience, and I say it was a whiff...he's done the exact same move as we allege he TRIED to do on previous holes...not once stopping the putter, and it is quite clear that he tried to do it again and missed.

[/ QUOTE ]
And your opinion counts for squat. Even a tour official who has 50 years experience opinion counts for squat. In this instance, there is only one person whose opinion counts, and that is Woody.

If you guys have so much experience, you would know that this is all about honor, and if Woody says there was no intent, then that's that. The end.

Hey, it looked like the intent was there to me as well. But I have the sense to know that my opinion doesn't mean anything either.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

We KNOW it's all about honour...that's the friggen point! We're saying that Woody is full of [censored] and lying...our opinions do matter because we're saying he lied.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:59 PM

Did the PGA consult the WSOP to come up w/the FX prize money distribution?

Lotta warmth up there btwn Tiger & Finchem; good to see. LOL Tiger wouldn't take the hint to kiss the trophy, whatta pimp.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These commentators are going insane. One word to describe Tiger is "appreciate"? That doesn't even make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaa...i was like "wtf?", when he said that too..such idiots