Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: NL Cash - I hope that this is standard

I didn't read replies but I can instantly tell you that raising j6s is not a good idea against this type of villian.
Old 09-16-2007, 12:44 PM

But as to the hand, I do not mind but now you must bet the turn no matter what card comes. In my opinion hands like these where you decide to bluff are very similar to hands like top pair best kicker against an aggressive player who wants to get all in, sometimes you have to go with it as you understand that against his range it is going to be a profitable play, sure he will have you beat some of those times and you might start questioning your play but that is really just nonsense. I am also not saying he can't wake up with a hand here or call you down very light despite your image, but you must view this hand as a hand with value and not as a bluff, otherwise as you have already postulated, you will not be taking advantage of his weaknesses.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:13 PM

I actually think the move was OK but would have clearly been better with some outs. The 3 bet was quite possibly -EV overall though. The reason was because he insta folded and then left. I had played back a couple of times before this and he may have realised that his strategy would not work so well v me as I was not going to just sit and take it, or spew when he did have a hand. Don't know if he was leaving anyway but it would have been way more +EV to have another 100 hands with him than to have simply won this pot.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whilst I understand that a player makes his money by people playing back with air surely I have to counter a strategy that sees him check-raising 50% of hands with air at times. If I only fight back with my good hands he is going to kill me HU.

Is J6s really a fold pre-flop. I know the hand is pretty marginal but I raise top 60% against most players and J6s is top 40% or so, so I did kind of tighten up v him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't listen to the haters, you can't fold J6s in position. Limp it if the conditions are right, but folding is foolish.