Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What should we call the UIGEA event?
Black Friday 10 47.62%
Friday the 13th 8 38.10%
Other (suggest below) 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: SSNL [cheese] thread: SEPT #2

wow. I actually played some poker today and didn't feel totally burnt out. Haven't played more than a few thousand hands in the last three months. Hopefully this is the start of my return to online poker.

I played 114 hands on two tables [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] no need to overdo it

useless graph below..

Old 09-16-2007, 10:28 AM

What happened Morten? How did you get burnt out? How many hands do you usualy play?
Old 09-16-2007, 10:41 AM

Shizzle, STOP MISINTERPRETING STATS

You're making about 20 posts a day in this thread that go like:

"This fkin guy's <stat x> is <value y> and now this <insert unconverted HH> and I can't fkin win from these guys".

That someone's stat is a certain value DOESNT MEAN HIS HAND SHOULD BE ALWAYS WORSE THAN YOURS. Please, stop it.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:45 AM

Lol and I hadn't even read your last post yet
Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What happened Morten? How did you get burnt out? How many hands do you usualy play?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just gradually got tired of the whole pokerthing ( playing and forum ) during May and June. Mainly because of a 50K hands breakeven stretch which im not out of yet.

Burnt out might be the wrong word to use since I was only playing ~20k hands a month, but including the time spend browsing these forums, it ment an insane amount of time in my everyday( I have a full time job and a girlfriend ). It got to the point where 2p2 was the first thing I checked in the morning and the last thing I checked before sleeping.

When a thing that takes up so much of your time seems pointless ( breakeven/downswing ) you get to the point where you are close to hating it. I never really got to that point, because I had the sense to quit when I didn't enjoy studying and playing poker anymore. This is probably why im hopefully able to play again now. Im pretty sure that if I hadn't taken a few months off, I would have gotten to the point where I never would have enjoyed playing poker again. I will never again spend as much time on the forums as I did in the spring of 2007. It might work for some people but not for me.

I began my break from poker in the beginning of July. At first I decided to take a months break. In the beginning of August I tried again and just didn't feel like playing. This ment another months break and here I am. This is my first session for quite a while and it felt good. I hope that it will continue that way.

Afterall - I do enjoy the game and hopefully it will be a part of my life for quite some time. But as everything else in life - if the price is to high I will quit and don't look back.

But for now - IM BACK [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 11:08 AM

Yea Shizzle12345, you are bitching way to much. And this kind of attitude is not good for your game.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Shizzle 100nl on party is impossible, move to a good site, kthx
Old 09-16-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea Shizzle12345, you are bitching way to much. And this kind of attitude is not good for your game.
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. plz stop it shiz.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:46 AM

biggest pot ever! SHIIIPP!!

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1,946.85
US (BB): $1,095.55
UTG: $809.25
MP: $606.00
CO: $776.00
BTN: $817.35

Preflop: US is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">US raises to $72.00</font>, SB calls $54.00

Flop: ($144) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">US bets $99.00</font>, SB calls $99.00

Turn: ($342) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">US bets $250.00</font>, SB calls $250.00

River: ($842) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">US bets all-in for $674.55</font>, SB calls $674.55

Pot Size: $2,191.10 ($3 Rake)

SB had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pairs, Kings and Jacks) and LOST (-$1,095.55)
US had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pairs, Aces and Kings) and WON (+$1,092.55)

i was pretty sick by that board, but i didnt think i was ever behind given my reads on the guy. He would have raised a J sooner, i was worried about a K a little bit though (KQ,AK were kinda possible). Villain didnt even seem that bad. (although is the reason im at the table) "I have T high!" lol
Old 09-16-2007, 12:02 PM

blargh, the end of summer and back to uni tomorrow

I set myself the goal of going from 25NL to 400NL which i've achieved so pretty happy about that. I lost all my hands from june which were pretty much all uNL and that's why they're not on the graph

i ran slightly bad aswell but nothing to write home about

Closed Thread