Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 10:41 AM

Default KQs on the Button

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 8 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $23.60
BB: $28.10
UTG: $58.65
UTG+1: $22.95
MP1: $24.65
MP2: $28.75
CO: $9.65
Hero (BTN): $20.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $1.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.00, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.35) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.50

Turn: ($10.35) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.75</font>, UTG+1 calls $6.75

River: ($23.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Comments on all street welcome. I just started playing NL, had this been limit I would have raised with KQs. I limped because I didn't wanted to try to see a flop on the cheap.

Villain has been playing like RaInKHaN on a RedBull IV drip; it's just not a pot unless he's in it and he's been raising PF with T2 and Lord knows what else.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: KQs on the Button

Villain has been playing like RaInKHaN on a RedBull IV drip; it's just not a pot unless he's in it and he's been raising PF with T2 and Lord knows what else.

If that is true, I like your play. Call on river, and value bet if shove if checked to (he very often will call with worse)
Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 PM

go ahead and put the last of your money in with villain as described.

This is full ring. FR forum is actually thataway -----&gt;

I say this only because you might get better info there.

Oh, rebuy to full. It's really important at NL. Not only does it allow you to get maximum value from your good hands when you get 'em, but it also lets you build a stack above the max in small pots to increase your profits in future hands against others who have more than 100bb.

It really sucks when you've got 80bb and pick up AA and your opponent with 125 - 150bb is willing to go broke on QQ+.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:31 AM

The "I limped..." sentence makes no sense, what I meant that I cc because I wanted to try to see the Flop without reopening the raising. I liked that hand, but not THAT much. Had this been limit I would have raised to get the blinds out.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:35 AM

I just dont like this line. I like the fold preflop.

I like the flat call on flop, i like the check behind on turn. Why are we balooning a pot on turn after the flop was reraised with only tp?