FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: 500 pushups in 2 hours

Pushups for rolls?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If someone said they could do 15x400m each sub 1 minute in total time X, then you might feel confident of whether or not they could do it knowing their mile and how long the rest intervals time X allowed-- even though they'd never done more than 8x400.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should make that sub 75s come to think about it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not real well versed as a runner, but I did stare at that thinking "ZOMG".
Old 09-15-2007, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet my roommate $20 he couldn't do 500 pushups in 2 hours. He is in very good shape. 6'1" 180 with a max bench of 225. How good is my money here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started doing push ups in an effort to get in shape for a surf trip (since I live in NY actually surfing isn't really an option). I have found that they are the best exercise to get into paddling shape. Anyways I do 5 sets of 50 with out any problem having not done push ups in probably a year. This probably takes about 15-20 min. I can't imagine anyone that is not a complete fat ass not being able to do 500 in two hours.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:01 PM

I was looking at how to do pushups without feet like this guy: http://www.zshare.net/video/367371281052ac/
...when I came across the record site for pushups:

1 hour: 3,877 pushups
http://www.recordholders.org/en/list/pushups.html

I can't believe some guy did 1.5 million in a year, that's spending at least 1.5 hrs each day to do ~ 4100.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't look like anyone has actually done this exact challenge, but if you read up on some people's comparable challenges, it's pretty easy to assess that this is doable for someone who is in good shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like which ones? The ones where guys talk about doing 48 pushups in 2 minutes or 138 pushups in 13 minutes or 180 pushups and 180 "sort-of" pushups in an hour? This has little relevance on 500 pushups in 2 hrs. Who here has posted anything about even 300 let alone 500? Nobody here has supplied any evidence to show this is easy.

The only relevant post I saw was the 1000 in 24 hrs, and that post said 500 in 2 hrs was impossible. Also, Jack Lalane doesn't count as data as he is a freak who has been doing this sort of stuff on decades of training.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude, do me a favor and do a burpee and tell me that's "sort of a pushup." Better yet, do just 4 [censored] pushups in one minute and tell me you couldn't continue to do it for another 119 minutes. This is really an easy prop bet to win if you're not sedentary.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do just 4 [censored] pullupsin one minute and tell me you couldn't continue to do it for another 119 minutes. This is really an easy prop bet to win if you're not sedentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Using your logic, 500 pullups in 2 hrs is also cake. Want to bet on it?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do just 4 [censored] pullupsin one minute and tell me you couldn't continue to do it for another 119 minutes. This is really an easy prop bet to win if you're not sedentary.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, was wondering if you would reply. Sorry for the e-peen attitude with my response, but I was drunk and on life tilt after watching Arkansas lose to Alabama yesterday when I posted. And no, obviously my logic was suffering when I made those comments, but I'd feel confident enough to give this prop bet a go if I were in this situation. But surely you understand that pushups are significantly easier for most people than pullups?
Old 09-16-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We can do the details in the forum or via messages. I'm probably giving money away, but I love to gamble. Let's do this.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. We can do the details in the forum or via messages. I'm probably giving money away, but I love to gamble. Let's do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay here's the bet: I can do 4 pullups in 1 minute but can't do 500 in 2 hrs.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, was wondering if you would reply. Sorry for the e-peen attitude with my response, but I was drunk and on life tilt after watching Arkansas lose to Alabama yesterday when I posted. And no, obviously my logic was suffering when I made those comments, but I'd feel confident enough to give this prop bet a go if I were in this situation. But surely you understand that pushups are significantly easier for most people than pullups?

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob. And yes pushups are easier than pullups. Frankly, I think the 500 pushups in 2 hrs is probably quite doable. Just that some poster said it was quite doable based on the data presented thus far in the thread which had me shaking my head since none of the data to that point made a case for why it would be easy. That's all, I'm out of this thread.