Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: Tour Championship

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he took a stroke at the ball. I'll lose all respect for the guy if he doesn't take a 6 on the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm quite sure he's going to lose sleep over the fact that you've lost respect for him.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant reply.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:10 PM

It's obvious that Woody intended to hit that ball. If you were a pro tour player, why would you forever want to stain your reputation over a single stroke? If he takes a five his obituary will probably call him a cheater. Just take the 6 and get on with it.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he took a stroke at the ball. I'll lose all respect for the guy if he doesn't take a 6 on the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm quite sure he's going to lose sleep over the fact that you've lost respect for him.

BO

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant reply.

[/ QUOTE ]
I also notice you didn't include my brief statement about the honor of this ancient game.

Again, to me it looked like a stroke. But if Woody says it was not, then it was undoubtedly not a stroke as golfers are honest to a fault.

BO
Old 09-15-2007, 08:19 PM

It looked to me like he went up and was thinking about taking a stroke and then maybe he saw the ball was still moving or whatever, then changed his mind and put his putter down to balance himself.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:32 PM

FFS. He cheated, end of FFS. How can anyone defend that? Jesus [censored]. I can't believe having been directed here from my "Woody is a cheat" thread that anyone can defend it.

On a seperate note, this is the golf forum, so clearly when such a massive incident such as this comes up it should be discussed outside the tournament throead FFS.

[censored] cheating [censored].
Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It looked to me like he went up and was thinking about taking a stroke and then maybe he saw the ball was still moving or whatever, then changed his mind and put his putter down to balance himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you for real here? Balance himself from what? I live 3 miles from the course and there were no earthquakes today in east Atlanta.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FFS. He cheated, end of FFS. How can anyone defend that? Jesus [censored]. I can't believe having been directed here from my "Woody is a cheat" thread that anyone can defend it.

On a seperate note, this is the golf forum, so clearly when such a massive incident such as this comes up it should be discussed outside the tournament throead FFS.

[censored] cheating [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

We obviously have different definitions of massive.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:11 PM

Nice to see NBC do an "inside-information" piece on Phold at the beginning of the telecast. According to Phold he was hitting the ball better than anyone else, but Phold figured he'd finish second in the FedEx Cup because he would win but Tiger would finish second.

Good to see him back up his words with an even par 70. Hey, he's just that good.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice to see NBC do an "inside-information" piece on Phold at the beginning of the telecast. According to Phold he was hitting the ball better than anyone else, but Phold figured he'd finish second in the FedEx Cup because he would win but Tiger would finish second.

Good to see him back up his words with an even par 70. Hey, he's just that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL "Phold." dude did I ever mention how clever you are with that. it's just so FRESH, too.

also, T4 in driving accuracy and T3 in total driving, so he actually is hitting the ball pretty darn well. If only he didn't putt like a blind man today and thursday he'd have shot 59 both days. it's as simple as that, really.

also, you're still such a flaming [censored].
Old 09-15-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL "Phold." dude did I ever mention how clever you are with that. it's just so FRESH, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

yawn, funny you're talking about fresh material, etc...