Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 10:10 AM

Default continuation bet?

In a previous post, someone brought up the fact that I might be too aggressive on the flop. I have thought about that since, and am wondering if what is the standard line for a hand like this one.

Both villains are in the range of 40/10 with no specific notes. It seems to me that a board like this had to hit one of them in someway, and that I'm not going to be able to get either one to fold, which I means I need to spike an ace, and even that may not be good.

So, is just checking this down way to passive, or doing a good job of avoiding spewing against less than stellar opponents?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 3 BB
Old 09-15-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: continuation bet?

Standard.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:22 AM

NH. Your equity on the flop sucks and you're getting 2 folds never.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:52 PM

well played
Old 09-15-2007, 04:06 PM

I need to learn when to do this, i.e. not c-bet automatically in position when it's 2-3 handed. 4 handed I never c-bet in this spot though.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:07 PM

I like the flop play, but I bet the turn. If anyone had anything, they would bet the turn. Since no one did, I think you should bet.
Old 09-15-2007, 10:28 PM

yes, this is one reason why i check flops more than most (between 12 and 15% in my PT "more details"). they will often check the turn with nothing and then you can make a really easy bet because the chance they check to you with a made hand there is slim, whereas the chance they check to you on the flop with a made hand is pretty high. in other words, you have soo much more information now that they both checked again.