Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 04:42 PM

Default live .25/.50 OESFD

Home game, 9 players, I know them and their styles all pretty well. Blinds are .25/.50 but just about every hand is raised preflop so it plays bigger.

UTG ($60), who's a bit drunk and spewy, straddles to $1.
UTG+1 ($40) calls
UTG+2 ($60) is about 70/50. He loves to raise preflop to get money in there, but is an average postflop player. He makes it $2.50
MP ($100) calls
Button ($120) calls
I ($65) call in the SB w/ 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Straddler calls
UTG+1 calls

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot ~$15)

What's the best line, and why? I play exclusively 6max online so I don't think I'm very good in multiway pots like this. Is it better to openshove, bet pot, or crai? The last hand I want to see is a bigger FD. I don't even mind seeing a set, especially if it's 3-handed to the turn. Either way, I want to get AI on the flop. What's the best way to do this and possibly fold out bigger FD's (obviously not the nut FD) while trapping dead money?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:48 PM

Default Re: OESFD

I like CRAI here. Bet/3bet won't give you enough fold equity when it gets back to you. If you bet 10 on the flop, you only have 45-50 behind and basically any 3bet you make will force an opponent to call since it will be so small. Since the flop is 6 handed, we can expect a bet to be put out by someone. Since the board is drawy, there may be some dead money if someone bets and you get calls in front, which you can pick up with the crai.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like CRAI here. Bet/3bet won't give you enough fold equity when it gets back to you. If you bet 10 on the flop, you only have 45-50 behind and basically any 3bet you make will force an opponent to call since it will be so small. Since the flop is 6 handed, we can expect a bet to be put out by someone. Since the board is drawy, there may be some dead money if someone bets and you get calls in front, which you can pick up with the crai.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 09-15-2007, 08:30 PM

Yeah, I crai'd. Straddler donked $16, PFR called, MP called, I shoved, only PFR and MP called. PFR flopped a straight with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and MP had the worst hand for me with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

Back in my LHE days, this would be a great flop to ram and jam, trying to get it capped with as many people as possible. I'm just never in this situation in NLHE and was wondering if I could have played it any different to maybe clean up any FD outs.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:30 AM

Fold PF