Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Bump this thread every time the Yankees lose.

It's about the MOMENTUM, man!
Old 06-22-2005, 04:04 PM

yes, i now clearly see why last night was so important.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:23 PM

Location: My Avatar is Cursed for my Teams. Please don\'t curse my burger.

[ QUOTE ]
yes, i now clearly see why last night was so important.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:32 PM

ohh, dont get me wrong it was a cool comeback and all, but nothing all that great. run swings like that have occured 6 times since 2000 (source BP). not only that but when its all said and done the NYY just lost 2/3 at home to the d-rays. the thoughts that somehow that win would propel them to great things is/was absurd. the rotation is in shambles, the defense is atroctious, the holes at key positions are glaring and there are no resources available to fix these problems. now, some idiot like dead will come along and blurt out how the NYY will still make the playoffs, without offering any argument for it. personally, i see things getting worse for the NYY as opposed to better.
Old 06-22-2005, 05:46 PM

today was a really bad loss. part of me can sugarcoat it and say "we've won 7 of 9" but the other half is pissed, this was supposed to be when we made our move.

btw, for everyone saying its one game, its about being a fan and how awesome the win was, not winning one game. I don't go ballistic over every win, but when sheff arod and matsui hit back to back to back hr, I did.

i still think nyy will make the playoffs. We are 5.5 behind the os and 3.5 behind the sox. we usually play very well against good teams, and I am not pessimistic about the upcoming series with the os and sox. that will be a turning point. if those go badly, then i will be in real worry mode, as opposed to know, where im not happy about how were playing but still think we can do well this season.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:21 PM

i still think nyy will make the playoffs. We are 5.5 behind the os and 3.5 behind the sox. we usually play very well against good teams, and I am not pessimistic about the upcoming series with the os and sox.

the NYY are 16-18 this year against teams with records above .500

I am not pessimistic about the upcoming series with the os and sox. that will be a turning point.

have you looked at the schedule from june 27th till august 5th? the NYY opponents duriong that stretch have a combined winning % of .566 with 61% of the games on the road.

you then geta 'break' by playing TOR at home beofre hitting the road again for 6 games against CWS ans Texas.

buhhhh bye
Old 06-22-2005, 08:06 PM

what i mean is that i think we wil bring our game up against the os and the sox. to me, that is the turning point of the season. if we do well we can make up a bunch of ground, if we dont it could be very crippling.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what i mean is that i think we wil bring our game up against the os and the sox. to me, that is the turning point of the season. if we do well we can make up a bunch of ground, if we dont it could be very crippling.

[/ QUOTE ]

We? Are you helping Torre with the line-up card? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense, but if 16/18 wasn't a turning point, I don't think there will be one. Then there was the win over the Pirates in extras with Giambi's homer (that was a real hoot when the idiots on YES tried to compare it to the Sox turnaround game last July 24), then last night.

The reality is that Yankee pitching just plain sucks, and it'll be pretty tough to turn it around (and impossible to win a championship) without pitching.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the NYY are 16-18 this year against teams with records above .500

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention 3-6 against the mighty D-Rays. Tampa has only won 7 road games this year, aren't at least 3 of them in NY?

[ QUOTE ]
have you looked at the schedule from june 27th till august 5th? the NYY opponents duriong that stretch have a combined winning % of .566 with 61% of the games on the road.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, no fair using logic when talking about the Yankees! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Closed Thread