Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 12:13 AM

Default Is this why I suck?

Villain is 25/17/3 over 200 hands.

Is this reckless and bad with no real history?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $199.40
CO: $190.25
Button: $149.45
SB: $212.65
BB: $86

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $7</font>, CO calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($17, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $17</font>, CO calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($51, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $46</font>, CO calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($143, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $129.4</font>
Old 09-15-2007, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Is this why I suck?

Fold preflop. As played, river bet's spewy. After he calls pot/pot he's in it for the long haul usually. Bet sizing on all streets a bit big for my taste.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:40 AM

yea this is really bad. you double/triple barrel scare cards. if you really wanna spew c/rai on the turn u have more FE. that turn/river are not scary at all. also fold pf ur UTG.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:47 AM

raising A3o UTG is horrible. flop bet is way too much. ch/f turn. ch/f river. Villain isn't calling pot/pot and then folding his QJ to a 2/3 pot on the river.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also fold pf u have A3o

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-15-2007, 02:51 AM

5 handed im folding a9o utg. a3o is complete crap and im not even too happy opening it on the button. and im much looser than the typicaly 2+2 tag. fold preflop and keep in mind that poeple hate folding so just give up at some point.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this why I suck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Preflop: Playing A3o at all kinda sucks, raising it UTG is ridiculous.

Flop: Once you get to the flop like this, cbet is mandatory. Really dry board and I expect him to fold very often. This is the only good street.

Tur: Crap. He called the flop bet on an extremely dry board. Over 200 hands, you should have a sense as to whether or not he raises with sets, whether or not he floats a lot, etc. If you feel like he's not a slowplayer and he's prone to float, he could have any random pocket pair here and just be peeling to see if you give up on your "AK". Under some circumstances, double barreling this turn card is good. With zero information, though, I think a turn c/f is really best.

River: Firing that 3rd barrel seems awful. After the turn, it looks like you're just getting called down here, and that river card really doesn't change anything.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:36 AM

Yes.

Your logic is prolly that there are many draws or two pair type hands out there, so how can he call river with AQ or KQ?
However, given that there aren't draws on that flop, it's a great flop to flat call with a set.
So you have no FE equity against a big part of his range and againstg AQ, he will call some of the time.
So fold pf and don't do this without a rock solid read.

Also, play more and play more tables.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:09 AM

This whole hand is a example of small mistakes that when taken together......

1. Fold preflop. Its an unsuited baby ace. If this tempts you move to NL 10. Mistake one, playing [censored] cards without a read or reason, quickly compounded by....

2-3. You are under the gun. You are more exploitable here than anywhere. So now we are out of position with bad cards, and we popped it up to make sure to maximize our disadvantage.....Mistakes two and three: Ignoring position and putting it extra money OOP with no cards or read. Now mistakes 2 and 3 lead us straight down the primrose path to...

4. So you flopped bottom pair and decided to get a little frisky? After all its a big pot (BWAAHAHAH) See how nice it would have been to have position to know a little something about your opponents hand? Mistake 4: trying to buy your way out of mistakes 1-3, with an oversized bet OOP.

5. I don't even know what to say about the turn, I suppose you are just continuing to rep a set. Spew. Mistake Five: not knowing when to cut your losses.

6. The river had to get called. The card changed nothing, and he already told you he has a hand that going to showdown by called a huge turn bet, that was all disproportionate to any draw. IMO, this was the worst one of them all. It was destinied to be called. Mistake 6.

With position, things may have been different. Instead, you were walking a highwire with a bad hand and no information the whole time.

You stacked off with practically nothing, OOP, even after an opponent had called huge, disproportionate bets. My advice would be don't do this.