Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Cash game problems

I sit down with $100.

You have 57 million trillion gazillion dollars.

You now have so much money you cant ever call one of my bets.

Or I can't call one of yours.

I mean, wtf, I play stud and even I can see THAT WE ARE BOTH PLAYING WITH $100 heads up.

The $100 might even have an advantage going all in pinching the middle player(s) in a multi-way pot.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:27 AM

Someone better call Ed Miller. Guess that short stack theory doesn't really work.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:34 AM

This is so bizarre. It seems we have a lot of people simultaneously arguing that having a short stack changes what you can accomplish or win in the game, but maintaining that it doesn't matter if you're short stack.

It's different, it seems we all agree on this. Why is it such a wrong thing for someone not to want to play the short stack? Some people don't want to limit what they can win on any given hand. Not sure why people are so dismissive of this concept.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 AM

I play a 5/5 blind game Max Buyin is $500, if you get down 2 buyins you can now buying for $1000
Old 09-14-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is so bizarre. It seems we have a lot of people simultaneously arguing that having a short stack changes what you can accomplish or win in the game, but maintaining that it doesn't matter if you're short stack.

It's different, it seems we all agree on this. Why is it such a wrong thing for someone not to want to play the short stack? Some people don't want to limit what they can win on any given hand. Not sure why people are so dismissive of this concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that someone doesn't want to play the short stack, it's that a few people here are saying that big stacks have a built in advantage because they can "bully" the SS and that's just not true, unless you allow yourself to be convinced that it is.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:34 PM

I just find it funny that the guy with 256 posts is arguing with guys that have over 5k posts....
Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

honestly why would you ever cap a home game. ridiculous
Old 09-15-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
big stacks have a built in advantage because they can "bully" the SS and that's just not true, unless you allow yourself to be convinced that it is

[/ QUOTE ]
We all agree that winning poker is played against lesser players, right? If the SS feels intimidated, rationally or no, isn't that an advantage given to the big stack? Many here are arguing for what's true and right by poker theory. I don't know about you, but I prefer playing with people who aren't playing perfect poker.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
honestly why would you be so dismissive out of hand of another way of thinking. ridiculous. I can think of many +EV reasons to cap a home game.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:36 AM

I also get that in homegames. People talking about "the chipleader" in a cashgame. "He's the chipleader, he can bully people around and bluff them all the time"

I never argue with those people because most of them wont ever understand that it doesnt mather. $10 is $10, doesnt mather how much you have behind, its $10!

And if anyone can bully then it's probably the shortstack because he might be HARDER to bully because you have less fold equity
Old 09-15-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can KEEP your home game- duhhhhh.