Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 11:16 PM

Default hmmmmm...NLCASH

Kinda weird hand, hes been min3betting a decently wide range. Turn bluffraise was bad I am pretty sure in retrospect, but I couldn't figure out what hands he would play like this that beat me. I mean I think a bad player either shoves Aces or c/c's ai on the river so...

FullTiltPoker Game #3554571112: Table Deem (heads up) - $3/$6 - No Limit Hold'em - 21:45:08 ET - 2007/09/13
Seat 1: wan2fu ($662.50)
Seat 2: pez_vela ($664.60)
pez_vela posts the small blind of $3
wan2fu posts the big blind of $6
The button is in seat #2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to pez_vela [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
pez_vela raises to $18
wan2fu raises to $30
pez_vela calls $12
*** FLOP *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
wan2fu bets $60
pez_vela calls $60
*** TURN *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
wan2fu bets $60
pez_vela raises to $210
wan2fu calls $150
*** RIVER *** [8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
wan2fu has 15 seconds left to act
wan2fu bets $250
pez_vela has 15 seconds left to act
pez_vela calls $250
Old 09-14-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: hmmmmm...

no tag in subject line...ban
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 AM

To me, that river bet is so small, less than half pot, it smells like a blocker with hmm... it's tough to really give him a narrow range, cause the whole hand is played so weird by him.

My read is that he's not bluffing but he doesn't have the straight, and given the price you are getting, you probably have to call this against a donk and hope he's block betting with a hand you have beat. Maybe you counterfeited him even on the riv. Also a chance he flopped a set and is trying to induce a raise from the hand you're repping, but come on, noone ever has a set HU haha. I'd be curious to know the actual result when this has been up a while.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no tag in subject line...ban

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 AM

I fold the river, you beat almost nothing. And i really dont expect him to be bluffing here with any great frequency.

I dont really agree that he either AI or c/c with AA. I could def see him weakish leading overpairs.

Overall i thinks its a pretty easy fold and im a pretty massive station. I just cant really find a hand in his range you beat other than counterfitted two pair hands. But if hes super donkish that obv changes.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:01 AM

I think you are either WA/WB here, I would have called the opponent down,

But TBH I am not entirely confident of my play here, I could just be a calling station
Old 09-14-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: hmmmmm...NLCASH

snipes, that turn raise was very bad. a bare 9 is just calling here in your shoes a good percentage of the time, hoping to get one more bet out of an OP/2P on the river, so your bet really only makes sense as the J9 nuts looking for value. If he has to put you on the nuts to lay it down, its obviously a bad bluff. but you were already thinking this...

As played, once he calls your turn raise, I would not put another cent into the pot. I mean, what's he calling then leading river with that you beat?? If he really put you on a rude bluff, he would have pushed the turn, not bet < 1/2 pot on the river. This is v town every time if you ask me.

straight flushes,
ct
Old 09-14-2007, 08:26 AM

I just cannot see what he could have that beats you. I dont like the turn raise either though to be honest. His line looks like a ten or air. A real feel hand where folding looks right but I can make the hero call also. Just hope we are not looking at a retarded overpair line.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just cannot see what he could have that beats you. I dont like the turn raise either though to be honest. His line looks like a ten or air. A real feel hand where folding looks right but I can make the hero call also. Just hope we are not looking at a retarded overpair line.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about a set afraid of the straight on the turn?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about a set afraid of the straight on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

i really don't think he ever has a fullhouse the way the action went down. like <1%