Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: New Tracking Software: Poker Maven

Installed version 1.0.3 and get this immediately after running the program.
Running German Windows XP ;->

============================================

Exception type: System.Exception

Data: System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite: System.Object ConvertFrom(System.ComponentModel.ITypeDescriptorC ontext, System.Globalization.CultureInfo, System.Object)
HelpLink: <null>
Source: System

Stack Trace:

at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertF rom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromStr ing(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, String text)
at System.Drawing.RectangleConverter.ConvertFrom(ITyp eDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromStr ing(String text)
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.WindowsApp.MainForm.OnLoad(E ventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& amp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message&amp ; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.WindowsApp.MainForm.WndProc( Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Exception type: System.FormatException

TargetSite: Void StringToNumber(System.String, System.Globalization.NumberStyles, NumberBuffer ByRef, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo, Boolean)
Source: mscorlib

Stack Trace:

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.ComponentModel.Int32Converter.FromString(St ring value, NumberFormatInfo formatInfo)
at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertF rom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
Old 09-13-2007, 08:03 PM

I'm working on 1.0.4 as we type.

EDIT: Currently Poker Maven does not account for operating system cultures that do not use the $ for their currency symbol. This is one of the things I need some feedback from you folks on. Are there hand histories out there that don't use USD with a $ for their currency, for example, Euro or Pound? I'm guessing there are. Support for other currencies is definitely down the road a bit, but I will see what I can do about the default culture issue.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:39 PM

I've released 1.0.4. It should fix the Configure Import Directories tool as well as a couple of other minor issues.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:51 PM

Hi,

[ QUOTE ]

SQL Server 2005 Express does indeed have the limitations you listed. For an application like Poker Maven those limitations should be acceptable. 4 GB is a gigantic database size. If you can collect that many hand histories, and want to actually keep them around for that long, I applaud you!

As for the RAM and CPU usage, this type of application is not one that gobbles system resources. Imports happen at a minimum of 1 minute apart and the HUD is only updated when a new hand history is detected. 1 GB of RAM and 1 CPU should suit the relatively minor performance requirements of this application. Performance only really comes into play when executing reports. Report execution could benefit from multiple CPUs, but disk I/O is probably still the limiting factor. I have not done much performance testing to this point because I'm working on the actual features of the application but it is something I have in mind.

Additionally, SQL Server 2005 Express has no limit on the number of databases you may create. If you do indeed run up against the 4 GB limit, you can simply prune the database (remove data), shrink the database or start a new database.

[/ QUOTE ]

So can this application create an unlimited number of 4GB MSSQL Express databases and aggregate reports / HUD stats / Queries across all of them transparently?

Seems like the sort of thing Microsoft is trying to prevent with the MSSQL Express, no?

FWIW, you have probably stumbled upon one of very few areas of the Internet where posters routinely create immense databases of many millions of hands - I'm sure some on here have 20+ GB databases (I have 6+GB, and I don't datamine) running on at least dual core CPUs with 4GB+ of RAM [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would venture that PostgreSQL support would not be a waste of your time - With little knowledge myself, but referring to the posts of others - SQLLite may be worth a look too.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:08 PM

I'm in the process of looking into either supporting PostgreSQL and SQL Server or maybe converting over to PostgreSQL. A lot of the points brought up here are valid ones.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:49 AM

I downloaded the latest beta version (1.0.4) and received this error when trying to import a huge directory of hands from FTP:

9/14/2007 - 2:18:11 - 2,361 hand history files found
9/14/2007 - 2:18:11 - Importing 0 Full Tilt Poker hand history files...
9/14/2007 - 2:18:11 - Importing 2,361 Full Tilt Poker hand history files...
9/14/2007 - 2:18:29 - Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Only a few hundred hands were successfully imported before I received the error message. When I click "Import Now" again, it instantly has the same error.

Update: I deleted a few of the HH files out of the directory and Poker Maven started importing again. Apparently one (or more) of the HH files has something that is throwing off the importer.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:52 AM

poker.com / carbonpoker.com / Merge Network is one of the networks that is not currently supported by PokerTracker. I can send you some hand histories if you would consider supporting those sites.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:19 AM

I managed to get a few thousand of my FTP hands imported, but when I click the "Sessions" tab, I get this error:

Exception type: System.ArgumentException

Parameter name: key
ParamName: key
TargetSite: Infragistics.Shared.IKeyedSubObject GetItem(System.String)
Source: Infragistics2.Shared.v7.2

Stack Trace:

at Infragistics.Shared.KeyedSubObjectsCollectionBase. GetItem(String key)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.ColumnsCollection.ge t_Item(String key)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.CellsCollection.GetI tem(String key)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.CellsCollection.get_ Item(String key)
at PokerAnalytics.Baffin.WindowsApp.x8e4dd903c045071c .AggregateCustomSummary(SummarySettings summarySettings, UltraGridRow row)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SummaryValue.RowCall back.Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowsCollection. IRowCallback.ProcessRow(UltraGridRow row)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowsCollection.Inter nalTraverseRowsHelper(UltraGridBand band, IRowCallback rowCallback, IRowsCollectionCallback rowsCollectionCallback, Boolean recursive, Boolean includeTemplateAddRows)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowsCollection.Inter nalTraverseRowsHelper(UltraGridBand band, IRowCallback rowCallback, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SummaryValue.Calcula teSummaryValue(RowsCollection rows, SummarySettings summarySettings)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SummaryValue.Calcula teSummaryValue()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SummaryValue.get_Val ue()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SummaryValue.get_Sum maryText()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.SummaryValueUIElemen t.PositionChildElements()
at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(Con trolUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(Con trolUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.RowColRegionIntersec tionUIElement.VerifyChildElements(ControlUIElement Base controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.DataAreaUIElement.Ve rifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid.UltraGridUIElement.V erifyChildElements(ControlUIElementBase controlElement, Boolean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.UIElement.VerifyChildElements(Boo lean recursive)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.VerifyIfElem entsChanged(Boolean verify, Boolean syncMouseEntered)
at Infragistics.Win.ControlUIElementBase.get_CurrentC ursor()
at Infragistics.Win.UltraControlBase.get_Cursor()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmSetCursor(Message&a mp; m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

If you need any additional information regarding these errors please PM me.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm working on 1.0.4 as we type.

EDIT: Currently Poker Maven does not account for operating system cultures that do not use the $ for their currency symbol. This is one of the things I need some feedback from you folks on. Are there hand histories out there that don't use USD with a $ for their currency, for example, Euro or Pound? I'm guessing there are. Support for other currencies is definitely down the road a bit, but I will see what I can do about the default culture issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not getting Maven to work at all. Install etc seems to function properly but nothing happens after starting up.

should I change my regional settings to US?
Old 09-14-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I downloaded the latest beta version (1.0.4) and received this error when trying to import a huge directory of hands from FTP:

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you check the Poker Analytics event log for details on that error? I believe the software logs a detailed error to the event log when parsing hand histories.