Default Line check with TT

Titan Poker 0.10/0.20, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

Button arbuzov ($21.41)
SB Next83 ($13.47)
BB stan63rus1 ($12.63)
UTG reversebroke ($21.01)
UTG+1 SmellMyFart ($27.02)
CO AlexTrust ($15.86)

Preflop: reversebroke is UTG with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
reversebroke raises to 0.80, SmellMyFart calls 0.80, AlexTrust calls 0.80, 3 folds.

Flop (2.70) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
reversebroke bets 2.00, 1 fold, AlexTrust calls 2.00.

Turn (6.70) K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
reversebroke checks, AlexTrust checks.

River (6.70) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
reversebroke bets 3.00, AlexTrust raises to 6.00, 1 fold
Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Line check with TT

I probably would have called the river min-raise, because the turn check-through sort of encouraged Villain to put you on a hand you could be pushed off of, and I have been seeing a fair amount of such bluff-raises lately in spots like this after an inactive turn (or I think I have).

You did probably save yourself $3 versus a Kx hand that got to the turn somehow or 77, though.

On the turn, I'm not sure what's best. There's a good chance Villain has a PP, there's a good chance yours is better, but at the same time that second barrel could easily be the thing that'll get Villain to drop a 2-outer, especially now that a K has fallen.

Which wouldn't be the worst result in the world, actually (since you're in a spot where you're kind of playing chicken), and if I didn't bet-fold the turn, I think what I might do instead is check the river to Villain again after he checked the turn through, with the idea of snapping off a bluff so long as Villain doesn't bet too big.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 PM

I like the c/c river line. Even if he fires out an PSB?
Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the c/c river line. Even if he fires out an PSB?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be hoping for a smaller bet than that, but I'd probably call up to a PSB. It's not really that easy to put Villain on Kx, and while 77 is certainly possible, the only real evidence we have that Villain has that instead of, say, 88 is the size of his river bet.

Obviously, 5x and 22 can't be ruled out either, but there are a lot of PPs you're beating.

In any case, my perception is warped right now. This week, it seems like whatever improbable hand Villain could have that beats mine is precisely the hand he's got. It's just one of those weeks where I'm getting shown the nuts or the near nuts a lot. And it's possible I'm overcompensating and calling too much.