Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 05:52 PM

Default 22$ - turned big draw, bet&raise in front

Holla,

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t40 (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Hero (t1470)
UTG (t1300)
UTG+1 (t1890)
MP1 (t1620)
MP2 (t1885)
MP3 (t1350)
CO (t1300)
Button (t1225)
SB (t1460)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t40, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t40, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (t140) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

Turn: (t140) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t90</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to t222</font>, Hero ???
Old 09-13-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Re: 22$ - turned big draw, bet&raise in front

Looks like CO has a set of 8s and UTG just has 9s or 8s. Since he raises like 2.5x it looks pretty strong to me. I think I just call here. Flush outs are live unless utg leads out a draw on turn which would really suck for our hand. If you get there on the riv, I think I check/call w/ a flush and lead with a straight.

On turn, if after you flat, utg raises, I don't know what to do lol but I guess that means he's not on a FD so you have probably 13 live outs. At that pot, I think I just get it all in knowing that you aren't in horrible shape vs 2 ppl.

The whole hand might have been easier if you led like 80 on the flop, I dont know lol. It's another tough spot. SHarkscope CO quick I guess. I don't see how you can cr 2 ppl w/ just a draw. If only someone bet the flop so you wouldn't be in such a mess lol.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:13 PM

hum, i don't like leading in 2 players without anything solid.. :P

how do you get 13 outs? 4*Q, 4*7, 7 remaining flushouts...
it's 15 i guess or did i do the math wrong.
did you discount some since you assumed CO was on a set and could get a fh while i hit my flush? mhhh..
then we get 13.

well, this hand makes me really mad, because it would be so much easier to play this draw from the flop, but on the turn i don't think i ever have the FE to push it, and calling sucks too(though i did it) because the pot will become significantly big.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:47 PM

yeah 13 b/c I figured CO had a set. Basically every option on the turn is bad, I just think that calling is the least bad.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:20 PM

easy call on the turn because of the implied odds. I am not sold on the set theory here - it could be something like A9/combo flush draw. set is a possibility, but there's other stuff there that be similiarly played.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 PM

Am I the only one that folds this without a second thought, as played? You have to call 222 into a pot of 450 and you don't close the action. Your implied odds are iffy and you can't be sure which of your outs are clean (excl. the str8). Are you going to pay off a reasonable bet if a J/T comes? Board pairs with a diamond? I don't even sweat this fold.

I would have led the turn tho.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:10 PM

I tend to lead out on a turn like this. As played I guess call is the strongest option. There are a lot of chips left in play on the river so ore implied odds are pretty good.

What do we do if a J or a T comes on the river?
Old 09-13-2007, 09:25 PM

I agree this sucks, but with this many outs the hand is hard to fold. Call and hope it freezes the action. My guess is the AK/AQ flush draw lead out and a set is reraising to try to end the hand. Although it seems a bigger bet is necessary to take the hand down right there since this gives immediate odds of a little over 3 to 1 to UTG. Hope to hit the straight draw since this is safest, but you can still call a decent amount here. Maybe my calcs are off, but even with 6 outs to the straight I think you are getting at least one of the stacks to justify going to the river. If another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] falls check and try to show for as cheap as possible. If the board pairs it seems to me a fold is pretty easy since a set is definitely in play here.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:55 AM

UTG still has to act, our flush out are not cristal clear and there is only one card to come.

My hand really looks pretty but I fold as I don't want to play for my stack and there is a good possibility that UTG reraise behind.
Old 09-14-2007, 12:28 PM

Honestly, I think this may be one of the hands so close it's hard to tell. If you don't want to play for your stack this is a good decision as well since if you are a good SNG player a more favorable situation will definitely arise.