Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Default nice bluff or just spewing money?

Villain is 28/20/4. I've played with him a little at 2/4 also but we really don't have too much history with each other. I view him as a solid LAG and I think he views me as a pretty good TAG. I think he bluff raises the flop a decent amount here since it is pretty dry? Also his raise size would seem to indicate he doesn't have a flush draw, at least from my experience. When he bets the turn I think I could be ahead, but also think that I have a good deal of fold equity if I shove. I'm repping flush/trips/AA w/A diamonds. What do you think?

Full Tilt Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

CO ($197)
Button ($233.50)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($239.60)</font>
BB ($80)
UTG ($334.10)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($285.75)</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $6, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($16) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $33</font>, Hero calls $21.

Turn: ($82) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $245.75 (All-In)</font>

edit: sorry meant to post in small stakes... but i think this is a higher level play so if you want to give feedback i'd appreciate it.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: nice bluff or just spewing money?

This is an atrocious spot to shove. Unless he c/rd this flop with air or a worse PP you're pretty much always toast when this turn comes out. I'd much rather call here if you really think he's that FOS, since he'll probably c/f a J on the river.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:43 PM

SSNL.

don't really like the shove tbh. i think alot of his range is fd/7. i probably (weakly) fold the flop.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:44 PM

I guess my thinking here was he almost never has the flush here. It's a really small raise on the flop which not many people do at this level since if I come over the top they'll have to pitch the hand. It's also not as likely for him to have a 7 since I have 2 of the 8's. So I think the most likely hand he has is a J/air/better pp. I'm trying to fold out all the J's without the diamond redraw, air, and all the better pp's except KK/AA. Also, having the 8 of diamonds played a decision because if he doesn't have one I've got added equity.

I guess I was concerned about the air hands he's firing with again having good equity against me and wanted to protect my hand if it was good. I see what you're saying though and I think a call/shove a lot of rivers might be best.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:49 PM

I don't think many players will c/r a J at these stakes.

I think alot of his range is like low pps/FD/sometimes a 7.