Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 03:03 PM

Default 50 NL, TPNK, a spot for stupid mistakes?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $49.95
Hero (BB): $60.20
UTG: $57.60
CO: $49.30
BTN: $0.00

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain is 51/17/1.7 over 150 hands</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.50, SB folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($1.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $1.25</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $2.50</font>, Hero calls $1.25

Turn: ($6.25) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $6.25</font>, Hero ?

1. Should I be betting this turn? I have to think I am ahead most of the time, right? Am I seeing monsters under the bed to expect another reraise from this guy?

2. with his turn bet, should I be calling for value or laying it down?
Old 09-13-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: 50 NL, TPNK, a spot for stupid mistakes?

Fold flop, fold turn, bet less on flop
Old 09-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Hmmmm... ok, I suck at poker, so take this as you will, but:

1 - that flop is not nice, straightening faster than me when I see scarlett johansson. TPNK is something you could easily go broke with here.

2 - Having said that, villain may be raising with air because he thinks you're doing a standard 'hey lets bet with nothing and hope my opponent hit nothing and just folds out of cowardice' and so raises you that oh so convenient just press the button amount on reflex.

3 - Sooooo... I would reraise him on the flop, to 7 or so. If he shoves then fold, If he calls then c/f the turn. HOWEVER, I think raising on the flop is better than just calling and then waiting to see what happens on the turn. You're representing a made straight or set, so if he calls or shoves you know he has something monstrous and you can get out there and then without having to make any tough decisions later on.

But I could well be talking [censored]...
Old 09-13-2007, 03:43 PM

Fold flop to raise in an unraised pot. You beat approximately nothing.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:54 PM

Are you serious? You really ask whether you should fold the turn or not? Super easy fold on flop and turn. The flop bet size is fine imo but you should just c/f the flop. Or at least fold after his raise ...
Old 09-13-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm... ok, I suck at poker, so take this as you will, but:

1 - that flop is not nice, straightening faster than me when I see scarlett johansson. TPNK is something you could easily go broke with here.

2 - Having said that, villain may be raising with air because he thinks you're doing a standard 'hey lets bet with nothing and hope my opponent hit nothing and just folds out of cowardice' and so raises you that oh so convenient just press the button amount on reflex.

3 - Sooooo... I would reraise him on the flop, to 7 or so. If he shoves then fold, If he calls then c/f the turn. HOWEVER, I think raising on the flop is better than just calling and then waiting to see what happens on the turn. You're representing a made straight or set, so if he calls or shoves you know he has something monstrous and you can get out there and then without having to make any tough decisions later on.

But I could well be talking [censored]...

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ 3betting the flop.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ 3betting the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

tl;dr but lol @ actually someone saying this. 3-bet flop if you really hate money. Bet less on flop, fold to raise, as played c/f turn.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:18 PM

It think it is good strategy to play super-tight in limped pots. Most limped pots will go check/check to the river and you will see showdown. So if your hand is marginal and has some showdown value just check/fold it down hoping for the showdown.

So only bet your hand if it is pure bluff or if it is clear value bet. Here it is neither. I just check/fold here always.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:38 PM

is op winning at teh pokah?
well just fold everywhere possible...
Old 09-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Fold the flop.
Fold the turn.

Your hand is 10x worse then you think it is and 100x worse then villain thinks you have.