FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Can you hear this?
I'm over 30 and can hear this 1 1.75%
I'm over 30 and can't hear this 10 17.54%
I'm under 30 and can hear this 32 56.14%
I'm under 30 and can't hear this 14 24.56%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2007, 03:02 PM

Default flopped nut flush and gut shot straight, call or raise?

This is a live $2/3 100NL game. translation: loose game.

My image is TAG. I have an above average stack (~$350).
BB has ~$250
MP2 has ~$150
CO has ~$100

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Preflop: UTG limps, MP1 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, I limp on the BN, SB completes, BB checks
Flop ($16): K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB bets $10, MP2 calls, CO raises to $45

Would you call or raise all-in here?

reads:
BB donk bets a lot into large fields just to see where his hand is at and likes to slowplay big hands. I don't think he's calling any reraises here.

MP2 likes to chase a lot. He'll call overbets on flops to chase to OESD with flush draws that he has no part of.

I don't think CO is folding. He usually has a big hand when he reraises on the flop plus he's already committed regardless of what he has. I put him on 2 pairs.

reasons for all-in:
I'm pretty sure I have 12 outs (9 hearts and 3 non-heart T's for a straight). I think the pot justifies me going all-in heads up against CO although it's a gamble.
I think if I just call here, there's a very small chance that I won't get paid off if a heart falls on the turn so I think it's best to get it in while villain believes (perhaps correctly) that he's ahead.
By pushing now, I don't have to face a tough decision on the turn if it bricks. I think I'd be getting at least 4-1 on the turn if it's heads-up and CO pushes turn.

reasons for call:
There's a small chance that MP2 might call too and I would be getting even better odds to draw with him in it since I'm drawing to nuts in both my flush and straight draws.
There may also be a very small chance that CO will check to me on the turn in which I can either see a free card cheaply or push if I feel he's weak enough to fold (though unlikely).

Certainly preflop could have been played stronger but I was hoping to stack someone in this hand with exactly this sort of flop.
While I welcome comments on all streets, I'd appreciate comments on the flop especially.

Thanks in advance
Old 09-13-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: flopped nut flush and gut shot straight, call or raise?

given stacks, i shove.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:01 PM

Default Re: flopped nut flush and gut shot straight, call or raise?

raise the size of the pot

you are about 50% to make a nut flush or straight...12 outs x 2 cards to come @ 50%...so you would be getting fair odds on the raise...but fold equity and the amounts the others need to put in to call would all be overlay to you...

CO & MP2 if they call will easily wind up all in