Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:17 PM

Default Re: So I Called 911 Tonight...

my buddies phone number used to be like 961-1443 well I suck at dialing and called 911 a bunch of times by mistake. True story.

Occasionally on the news here they will play some 911 calls. I remember someone calling asking if schools were closed (hurricane was coming) bunches of people calling about stuff equally as dumb.

Ever get the wrong order at burger king? Call 911

hahahha funniest [censored] ever

Jay Leno skit on the subject of 911 calls
Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Only time I called was like 6 months ago, I was driving home, and I look to my left and see a homeless guy on a bike get hit by a car, I see 1 car stop and get out to assist, I just keep on driving like nothing happened, call 911, tell them in 15 what happened and the location and said, cya later...

Funny thing about the call was they wouldnt let me hang up by clicking end cause they wanted my info for court [censored], so i took out the battery and was like, nice try. I want nothing to do with this, I did my duty.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:31 PM

I was probably 19 or 20, driving home with friends at 2 or 3 am on the highway. No doubt we'd been partying. Suddenly a person appears in my headlights, standing right in the middle of the lane. It was a miracle I managed not to hit him/her, (dark area, city dims, winter, highway speed). The only logical conclusion was they were trying suicide by car.

It was in the days before cell phones. Shook me up enough to go find a pay phone and report it.

Other than that, just calling in random drunk drivers.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:45 PM

I called 911 only once. I was in college and exams were finished for the year. I had been drinking heavily (I am Canadian - go figure) and apparently called 911 for a taxi to my nearest bar. I don't remember making the call but everyone at the dorm thought it was pretty funny as I was slurring and really thought they would bring me a cab to get to the bar. I was really surprised the cops were not sent out to bust me...I got lucky that night. Oh and I made it to the bar by foot only to be rejected entrance due to...you guessed it, intoxication.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:30 PM

The only two times I've dialed 911 it was by mistake. Meant to dial 411 both times and the fingers just punched 9 instead of 4. I realized what I did both times, but didn't want to just hang up because I figured I'd get a call back anyway. So both times I just waited for the operator and said something like, "No emergency; meant to dial information. My apologies." Both operators were cool, both said it happens a lot, and both told me to have a nice day.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:43 PM

I worked night-shift at a 7-11 in college. Used to call 911 a couple times a week. Usually just the threat of calling and picking up the phone was enough to diffuse the situation.

Some highlights...

Couple of whores got into a fight in the middle of the store. Apparently they'd begun feuding outside and carried on a sort of running battle for several blocks before coming into my store and really going at it. They made a huge mess, knocking over several end racks of chips and candy bars. I called 911 and their pimp somehow hustled them out of the store before I even got off the phone.

No pics. You don't want any. They were hideous.

Fights weren't unusual on a Friday or Saturday night after the bars closed. I'd never, ever step into one to break one up, just call the cops. Everyone would generally be gone by the time the cops got there. On a Friday or Saturday night response time could be two hours unless there was a weapon involved but they never knew that. Just calling 911 was usually enough to break it up and clear everyone out. Not exactly a hardcore city..

Working a day shift, we'd heard through the grapevine that several convenice stores had had their video games and/or pinball machines robbed. So I notice these teens playing pinball but they were all crowding the machine really stangely. Usually when you play pinball you need a little room. So soon as they stepped away I checked the machine and sure enough the lock had been cut and the machine cleaned out.

Told one of the other employees to call 911 while a coworker and I chased them down the street.

Another time on day shift, a lady collapsed in front of the store and started bleeding out. I called 911. Turned out she'd been hit by a car (hit 'n run) and stumbled to the sidewalk. I stood around hitting on a couple chicks while he ambulance team worked on the woman. Very surreal but I did get a hook-up out of it.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: So I Called 000 Tonight...

000 in Australia.

1st time: A member of the state parliament here (Australian equivalent of a US State Senator) got drunk and allegedly starting pushing/shoving/hitting me and others. Thanks to a bunch of people leaking it to the media, the story ended up in all three major newspapers here.

2nd time: I was just getting on my bike on my way to uni, and the house alarm two doors down goes off. A guy runs up and past me saying, "I didn't do it, I didn't do it..."

I called the police, followed this guy on my bike (he was on foot). Eventually a police car came, I waved it down, by which time he'd got on a tram, and the police pulled over the tram and arrested the bloke. He apparently confessed to a string of other house burglaries in the area.

3rd time: some stuff on the freeway making holes in people's tyres.

4th time: a young kid is on the side of a busy, major freeway on a bike. i called 000, and they stepped me through the standard form, I assume: "Sir, does he have any distinguishing features?" "Well, there aren't many children playing on the side of the freeway, so he should be pretty easy to identify."
Old 09-14-2007, 09:52 AM

Default Re: So I Called 000 Tonight...

I call 911 when bored...
Old 09-14-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I say "well he just pulled into a donut shop".

The dispatcher chewed me out and hung up.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Worth the read.

My mom said I used to call 911 when I was like two and make stuff up just to see if they'd come. Aside from that, I've only called twice. The most recent was when my power went out after a pretty loud boom, which wound up coming from an asploded transformer after a car plowed through a telephone pole. And once in high school someone across the street from me was vandalized by a weird serial arsonist who got his jollies from throwing Molotov cocktails into cars. I called 911 because evidently when you light a car on fire, when it reaches the gizmo that works the horn, the horn goes to nonstop mode, which woke me up at 3 in the morning. The dude wound up torching 40-some cars before he was finally caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

So.... one of my buddies brother was blamed for this because he had empty pop bottles and a gas can in his car. Lost his full ride scholarship because of it. I h8 [censored] cops.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 AM

I called 911 myself once but it's a boring story. I came across a hiker with a broken ankle and called 911 to initiate a carry out since I didn't know who else to call.

I have a better second-hand 911 story though:

My grandmother was living in my parents house and she was getting pretty senile in her old age. Her room was on the 1st floor of the house and my parents room was on the 2nd floor. She somehow convinced herself there was a prowler upstairs and called 911.

My mom is a light sleeper, and hearing some noise outside, she woke my dad up. My dad looked out the window and saw some men sneaking around out in the yard. He grabbed his 22 and started creeping down the stairs. Meanwhile, my grandmother let the police in the front door and told them there was a prowler upstairs.

Somehow my dad avoided shooting the police or getting shot himself. They handcuffed him until my grandmother identified him as her son-in-law.