Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Harrington on Hold\'em VII

i am in no way questionung Dan's reasoning, i am just trying to understand it.

well thanks for the responces seems like its a 50/50 call as long as your pushing after the flop.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i am in no way questionung Dan's reasoning, i am just trying to understand it.

well thanks for the responces seems like its a 50/50 call as long as your pushing after the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the main point is how you play your hand. In this instance you are not the BB and maybe Dan would have pushed as well. Probably all he was saying was that is wasn't a huge mistake.

As you know, each case is different and some situations are marginal - There is not always a wrong and right answer.

By the way Grumpy you can have my book half price as the first client. But I am going to sign it so in future it will be worth a fortune. Therefore please send me $1015 ($30 sale price less 50% + $1000 premium for signing)
Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 PM

First post, so here it goes:

I've been reading a book that dissagrees w/ Dan. In this situation, it says that the BB should have checked and let the PFA bet, then pushed in. It also says that a big push like that instead of "slow playing" it generally points to weakness. So, the correct move by the player was to call.

But, this isn't taking into account the BB being pot committed...

I think the BB should have gone AIPF, but probably would have been called because people would have seen it as a despiration move. If he didn't go AIPF, then I think a c/r would have shown much more strength.

And I'll have to pass on the book signing [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SB and player B are very aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, huh. aggressive player open-limping seems to invite a shove to chase him out. only thing I can think is BB trapping, taking the longshot at tripling up, or else he's considering dumping on the flop if an ace comes? with an M less than 3, shove seems automatic with KQs, even if it wasn't raised in front of me.

I'm guessing a 3bet from BB gets us both to fold. B is out in a flash. Are we calling with a suited ace and 0 implied odds? almost 4:1 directly, though, and a chance to knock someone out, I guess we do.

Yeah, all in on the flop is not a mistake. Opponent's calling range is plenty wide for the pot odds.