Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 04:20 AM

Default TPHK

first,
hello there. my first post on 2+2 =)

u will probably see some more hand postings by my side.

i would like to know, wether my betting pattern in this hand is good or not.

i wasn't sure wether to check the turn behind or bet.

greez

BB-stats: 43.4/5.7/0.6 (VPIP/PFR/AF)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: ITH Forums)

MP ($24.95)
Button ($6.45)
SB ($10.50)
BB ($10.35)
Hero ($13.25)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero raises to $0.4, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.5, BB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.85) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $1.8, BB calls $1.80.

River: ($6.45) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $6.45

BB: 43.4/5.7/0.6
Old 09-13-2007, 05:53 AM

Default Re: TPHK

I think you missed some value here. I think he has a worse ace a lot. Calling the flop is standard, but bet a little more on the turn and halfpot river. If villain shoves screw pot odds and instafold. When in doubt vs a guy like this, value bet.

Edit: Welcome to the boards. Also, is that cb size standard for you? It seems a little low. Not that it matter much in this hand with AQ, but if you flopped a set this betting will make it difficult to get the money in. And I find it helpful to bet the same with the nuts, air and everything in between in the early rounds.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:23 AM

make it 4 on the flop and shove the turn
Old 09-13-2007, 06:28 AM

I RR flop to 3 and probably fold to a push depending on what I know about villan. With his AF, likely fold to push but I like to know what a minraise from him means.

If he folds to the RR I make a note that he minraises marginal hands if he pushes I make a note that he likely minraises huge hands.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:04 AM

In my experience a miniraise on this board means either a bluff, a weakish hand trying to "find out where it is at", for value by villain but still worse or a monster. Vs 3 of those categories of hands a 3bet seems like a really really bad idea. You want him to keep bluffing, you want him to still wonder if AT is the best hand and 3betting into the nuts is rarely a good idea. Only if villain thinks AJ is the nuts is a 3bet a good idea and then again, villain might just shove if he thinks that he still has the nuts.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:18 AM

thx4fast answers!

[ QUOTE ]
I think you missed some value here. I think he has a worse ace a lot. Calling the flop is standard, but bet a little more on the turn and halfpot river. If villain shoves screw pot odds and instafold. When in doubt vs a guy like this, value bet.

Edit: Welcome to the boards. Also, is that cb size standard for you? It seems a little low. Not that it matter much in this hand with AQ, but if you flopped a set this betting will make it difficult to get the money in. And I find it helpful to bet the same with the nuts, air and everything in between in the early rounds.

[/ QUOTE ]

after your posts i would probably play the hand that way:
call flop, raise turn 2$, if he checks again on river, raise about 3$.

and my CB is usually 1/2 and not 2/3 pot size bet like here =)

i took that from harrington.

how big should i do the CB? and how many times in % of all hands?

greez
Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thx4fast answers!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

after your posts i would probably play the hand that way:
call flop, raise turn 2$, if he checks again on river, raise about 3$.

and my CB is usually 1/2 and not 2/3 pot size bet like here =)

i took that from harrington.

how big should i do the CB? and how many times in % of all hands?

greez

[/ QUOTE ]
Half pot is more for tournaments with shallower stacks. With 100 bb stacks standard is 3/4 to full pot. Myself I cb 4/5 pot and 2/3 pot in reraised pots and then often 75% on the turn. Unless I think they would call more, in which case I bet more. But my flop bets are invariably the same size.

How often to cb? In a vacuum HU against an unknown 100%. In pt it says I either bet or raise the flop 70% of the time. One rule I have is i always bet the best or worst hands like 67s on a 9KA flop or 99 on the same flop, but sometimes check hands where few better hands fold but also few worse hands call. Like 77 on a 3TJ flop, I am in deep trouble vs villains calling range and he probably calls with gutshots or better. But if we check it down I might win. This is vs a passive opponent of course.