Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 05:15 AM

Default $10NL AQ, good spot for a float/turn raise?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $17.05
BB: $15.65
UTG: $9.95
MP: $10.00
CO: $9.85
Hero (BTN): $10.75

Reads: <font color="blue">No real reads, table is generally playing quite tight.</font>

MP posts $0.10
Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, MP checks, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.50</font>, SB calls $0.45, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.20) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $0.80</font>, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.70</font>, Hero considers possible raise to $5 or fold???
Old 09-13-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: $10NL AQ, good spot for a float/turn raise?

The flop is a clear fold, this is not a good board to float, I expect villain to have something and our equity vs his range (gutter, sd, fd, pair+) isnīt too hot. On the turn, if you decide to raise, just push. If you call the flop you kind of have to push turns like these. If that line on a whole is + EV here, meh. Probably not. But I donīt think it is flat out spew either, villains range is still fairly wide and against many donk-bettors this is fine. But some sort of read would be nice.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:25 AM

Hey Lucky what do you think about raising the donkbet as some type of bluff,do you think it's possible to make him fold some draws or weak jacks on this flop?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Lucky what do you think about raising the donkbet as some type of bluff,do you think it's possible to make him fold some draws or weak jacks on this flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
It entirely depends on how the games generally play at this site. Where I play people just donīt fold when I raise their donk-bets (I just love it there) so I stopped doing it. And at some sites they always fold.

Edit: But as far as flops go, this is a bad one, it hit so much of villains range and when he now shows a bit of interest I would just fold.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:55 AM

If you want to take a shot, shove.
You might actually be in good shape and have anywhere between 7 and 14 outs there's 4.5 in the pot and you have to risk 9.45 sounds like an acceptable gamble to me.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:07 AM

Your right that flop wasnt a good float by me. It hits too much of his range like you said. I do like the idea of a shove on the turn though, I guess a raise of $5 isnt best as we're committed if he comes over the top anyway so why not increase fold equity? Let me know if my thinkings right here.