Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Zeebo! Can you fold this? 25 NL

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zeebo is for one pair hands and kinda applies more to a turn cr. This ain't Zeebo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean Baluga.
I thought Zeebo was a full house when trips were on the board.

For example you've got 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The boards shows 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] x

You push the river because AA-99 won't fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not exactly. Zeebo is for when you have quads using only one of your whole cards and there is a decent chance that one or more opponents have a boat:

Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Board: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

We know that villain will only bet or call a paired flop with no decent draws if either he hit at least a pair or has an overpair. In this case he called all the way to the river so you know he has either a queen, aces, or kings. In this case we shove the river because most uNL villains can't bring themselves to fold a boat, especially if the pair is higher than any of the board cards.

This is an actual hand that I had yesterday. Villain actually folded after much grousing in the chat. I check-raised him on the flop to try and break him of his habit of making a pot size bet each and every time that anyone checked to him. The downside is that he put me on a either a pair of aces or kings that I checked through in the big blind instead of raising. While I had no way of knowing that the third eight would hit, I'm pretty sure that he would have called the river shove if I hadn't made such a strong move on the flop.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:10 AM

zeebo most commonly refers to an AAA board, and you have 66 and never folding it. Or an AAA6 board, and you have 76 and never folding it.

Rarely is it used to talk about quads and the like, but I suppose it still applies. All it says is that people hate folding FHs
Old 09-13-2007, 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mean Baluga.
I thought Zeebo was a full house when trips were on the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gawd, I feel so dumb right now.

Zeebo is the "boats can't fold" one, isn't it? Push with 4 of a kind thing, even if it's an overbet.

Damn, now I have to go look it up again.....
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 AM

Zeebo is basicaly "no one ever folds a full house"

google told me that Zeebo = "Nobody is capable of folding a full house on any street for any sized bet, ever. Don't fool yourself into thinking they can. I'm not even referring to NUT full houses (eg. board reads 29522, if your opponent has the loan 5, they will almost always call allin; if they folded, it was likely do to timing out or a misclick). Remember: full houses aren't too common, and after all, you might be bluffing! "

And I don't think it only applies when trips are on board. It applies to any and all boats. But I have under 10 posts [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone for replies.