Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Home Players & Hosts Peeves

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
/I hope your troll account is a huge level

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I guess it does sound bad, but one of the reasons I have had full games every week for 19 months is that I can guarantee a full table that gets cards in the air on time every time.

We have our fun and have made some good friendships, but my game is more serious poker than social event, so that's an important distinction.

I wouldn't be so tough on family or close friends (but I would still check-raise them!).

[/ QUOTE ]

The home games I play in there is always lots of action with people coming & going. When people get felted it's always good to have "new money" enter the game.

Our 1/2 game plays like 1/15 (on some nights), and the 2/5 plays like 2/20. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lots of chips on the table & everyone can't be winners. So the fresh meat (I mean players) is good during the course of the night.

Your game is obviously different. Nice job in keeping it running for over a year.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:43 AM

It makes a difference if we're talking cash game or tournament. For my cash games, people are coming and going all night. For tournaments, I try to get everybody there on time.

The best thing you can do is just have a good game so that you attract more people. For my tournaments I usually have alternates, since I usually have flakers. If you have more players than seats, people will get there on time.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:51 PM

Some of the guys in our group that host tourneys give bonus chips (as much as 25%!) to those who are on time or early. This has been pretty successful in getting their tourneys started on time with full tables.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 AM

Whenever I play with friends, most who hardly even play, re-raise me by 20 cents when the blinds are 50/1.00

That or whiners, We seem to have to many of those, or people who critique your play when they get unlucky.