Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: Early Week 2 NFL Picks

i've been hoving over that bengals line all week....god dammit it just looks too good to be true...also the st. louis line at -3 is making me hurt. i only have the saints so far, waiting on my "boys" to tell me to pick stuff.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:44 PM

I made decent bets on these. Degens don't use units.

My favorites:
Indianapolis Colts -7½
New England Patriots -3½.

Small bets:
Oakland Raiders +10
Kansas City Chiefs +12½
Pittsburgh Steelers -10

Also thinking about picking up SF 49ers +3. Our rams arn't looking that great this year.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:42 PM

i hate the niners, they played bad last week, and it appears that their team is really not that good at all.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:43 PM

i got

NEW ORLEANS -3.5 1u

GREEN BAY PICK 1u

and a 3 play teaser
Old 09-12-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am waiting for Cleveland to get to 7 then I am taking them.

This spread was 3.5 before the week one games. Now it is possibly going to get up to 7! Why? Because after week one the Browns are being undervalued (some, they still arent very good). But the Bengals are overvalued. I see them as average. They needed 6 turnovers and a crap call to squeak out a home win (against a good team though). The Bengals do not have a good D. It was bad last year and the personel has not improved. Meanwhile, the Browns D is underrated and can stop teams as long as they dont start every series on their own 20 yard line.

In summary, this line is a complete overreaction to week one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would buy this argument if we were talking about a team other than the Browns. Miami maybe, or hell even Oakland. But the Browns are god awful.

Even the guys posting above saying the Saints are not a lock, I agree with that. I still like the Saints, but its not a lock.

However the Bengals covering 6.5 in Cleveland? If that is not a lock, what is? What has Cleveland shown last year and last week that makes them even a consideration for your money this week? I just dont see any arguments, please tell me some if you have them.

I do not post alot in the sports betting section so I dont expect my opinion to be respected. I can say that I have been a profitable NFL better the last two years(im probably on a heater), but I havent posted my picks here so I realize my opinion doesnt have much weight, which is cool. However the bottom line here, is that in my opinion I do not see how the Bengals are not a mortal lock to cover. Just like the Steelers were a mortal lock last week, the Bengals are a mortal lock this week. Its not because of any overvaluing the bengals, its because the Browns are that bad. They may be the worst team in the entire league.

And I also hate to use the term lock, but they do happen once in a while imo. And the Steelers were one last week, and the Bengals are this week.

And if I am wrong, I will gladly taking some berating and insults on Monday.

Other than that there are not many other games that I like other than the Saints -3 that I got in on early since I figured it would go up. And also the Cowboys -3.5 I like a little bit.

Im looking at the Bills plus the points because the Steelers might be overvalued and I dont think the Bills are going to be that awful. Maybe 8-8 and they also have the emotion of Everetts injury. 5dimes has it at +11, if it goes higher than that I might take the Bills.

Im looking at the Vikings also because I think the Lions are overhyped. I cant buy them being good yet. However with the Vikings last week I think it was more of a case of playing a god awful team.

What really has struck me is the line for the Jets vs Ravens game. 10-11? I know the Jets got smoked, but the Ravens didnt look great either. I guess Pennington is more injured than I thought, I will look into that. But I dont think that Jets are as bad as they played last week. Wow.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 PM

yes saints are the lock for the week at -3
Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 PM

Giants Pk
Denver

Oakland showed they are just as bad this year loosing at home to Detroit. I can't see them putting up more than 10 points against Denver. Their o-Line is virtually non-existent. QB for this team has to be the scariest position in all of sports.
GB looked equally lost offensively and if not for a special teams play would not have had scored a td. Clearly a back up QB is dragging this line way down, but I have to think with all the offensive talent the Giants have they should still be able to score.

Thoughts?
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly a back up QB is dragging this line way down, but I have to think with all the offensive talent the Giants have they should still be able to score.

[/ QUOTE ]
Offensive talent? Their starting quarterback and running back are both out. Burress is good, but the backup qb threw his first NFL pass last week. He has little to no chemistry with Burress. The Giant's secondary is awful and Favre is not an awful quarterback despite his age. Although I don't think this line is bad, I do think it is entirely speculative.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Giants Pk
Denver

Oakland showed they are just as bad this year loosing at home to Detroit. I can't see them putting up more than 10 points against Denver. Their o-Line is virtually non-existent. QB for this team has to be the scariest position in all of sports.
GB looked equally lost offensively and if not for a special teams play would not have had scored a td. Clearly a back up QB is dragging this line way down, but I have to think with all the offensive talent the Giants have they should still be able to score.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

im not betting the oak/den game, however if I had to pick a side I would take Denver. Im not sure about Denver yet and thus dont want to lay the points, and Oakland is too poor of a team to bet on so I am abstaining.

I dont like the GB/NYG game. Manning might not even play, the Giants starting RB is out, and that is just 2 key injuries off the top of my head. I dont like the Packers at all, they looked bad offensively I agree.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I made decent bets on these. Degens don't use units.

My favorites:
Indianapolis Colts -7½
New England Patriots -3½.

Small bets:
Oakland Raiders +10
Kansas City Chiefs +12½
Pittsburgh Steelers -10

Also thinking about picking up SF 49ers +3. Our rams arn't looking that great this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colts are now -6.5 making it a very nice bet. The Browns traded their starting QB (they guy who beat out the guy starting this week) for a 6th round pick. CIN will get TOs and will bet up on CLE, they are that bad.

SEA -2.5 is also a nice looking bet. I have seen too many cardinal games to think they can beat probably one of the best teams in the NFC. They aren't pretty, but they win.