Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40. Mutherf**king turn card

Jeffage,
I challenge you to come up with reasonable handranges where raising the turn is less than a .5 BB mistake.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Results and thoughts...

Results:

I made a 6 second time out to “think through” all 3 options, as they are all viable:

Fold – I am almost 90% sure she has AK specifically here. But she could have AJ so I may have chop equity. Plus I do have two outs if behind. I don’t particularly like calling down 2 big bets getting this much the worse of it, but a little voice inside me told me that I’ve made so many bad laydowns in big pots that I was compelled not to fold.

Raise – I would feel sick raising and folding to a 3-bet. It costs me the same to call down, but I don’t put pressure on the draw behind me.

Call – The least costly option. Perhaps and hopefully she’ll check the river if a Q, T or diamond appear on the river.

Turn action: (12 big bets, 3 players): K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] BB bets, I call, CO calls.

River action: (15 big bets, 3 players): Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Lovely. Absolutely lovely. BB checks, I check, CO bets, BB calls, I avoid making a bad overcall and fold.

BB shows AKo: CO shows KTo for the win.

Thoughts:

To Jeffage: I honestly considered a smooth-call of the 3-bet pop the turn, but there are so many cards that she could potentially freeze on: Q, T, diamond. I decided to 4 bet right there. In addition, if a blank appears, there’s at least a decent chance she’ll still lead right out to me giving me a chance to raise the guy behind me.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Garland
Old 09-12-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Live 20/40. Mutherf**king turn card

very tough question, my best is your badly beaten, and it might not have been the K that did it (but I bet it is). Even though I am typing this and I am pretty damn sure your beat, Im too much of a donk to lay down, if the action gets heavy, ya its easy, but for a bet on the turn and river, I call.