Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 11:09 AM

Default Re: knocking a chick up, hypothetical situation

What if you want an abortion, but she refuses to get one (a new situation, I know you can't abort after 8 months). Are you still legally liable for child support??
Old 09-12-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you want an abortion, but she refuses to get one (a new situation, I know you can't abort after 8 months). Are you still legally liable for child support??

[/ QUOTE ]
dude if she punches hole in the condom with a needle and tells you about it immediately after you cum you are still paying child support. i guess from society's point of view its better you than us.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, you are still liable. men do not have a legal say in whether the woman has an abortion either way, and simply wanting the woman to have an abortion in now way reduces your legal obligations.

not that anyone cares, but i think this is the only way it can be. it would be clearly unreasonable to allow the father to legally force an abortion on the mother under almost any moral/ethical system, as well as being against the principles of any political philosophy.

allowing a man to exempt himself from financial responsibilities merely by stating his preference for an abortion is likely to have some pretty bad consequences for a lot of kids, as well as society as a whole (though this is not necessarily why i agree with the policy)
Old 09-12-2007, 02:27 PM

ok, here's one:

what is a woman actually RAPES a man. Is he still liable?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:40 PM

what if it's the guy who's pregnant?!?!?

Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM

JCrew,

Those were both sperm donors whose purpose was to fertilize an egg. The main point of the kind of contract I'm talking about is that both parties are agreeing that there is a distinct agreement to take steps necessary for no conception, or certain steps to be taken should conception occur.

Also, and I didn't want to tell you guys this because I paid good money for my contract, make sure there's a clause in there saying that if the female refuses to abide by the guidelines she can be punished by 18 years worth of restitution totaling 20% of the man's gross yearly salary.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those were both sperm donors whose purpose was to fertilize an egg. The main point of the kind of contract I'm talking about is that both parties are agreeing that there is a distinct agreement to take steps necessary for no conception, or certain steps to be taken should conception occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I gather from those articles is that having a mutually agreed contract may not absolve a man from financial obligations to support the child. The best case scenario is the woman would have enough assets to pay out the agreed penalty for the contract violations in excess to the obligations. If she does not have enough resources to raise the child properly(which probably depends on the view of the judge), you may still be culpable to assist financially for the child since the mother cannot 'bargain' away the rights of the child.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:07 PM

"since the mother cannot 'bargain' away the rights of the child."

I agree J. However, the difference here is that she isn't bargaining away the rights of a child, but rather the potential for a zygote to turn into a child. As a zygote is not a child (abortion != murder) she would not be intruding on another person's rights.

Also, this is a good defense against the false rape claims we always hear so much about. Post Genarlow Wilson they've become rather popular among promising high school athletes.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Prenups are disallowed for being brought up too soon before the time of a wedding to give a bride proper time to consider and get it thoroughly vetted by a lawyer of her own. They are also disallowed when for some reason the woman get successfully portrayed as incapable of reason on her own, because of being too trusting or intimidated by a much more capable or powerful man.

If you can do that to a prenup, I suppose the "the pressure is on" and non-coercion ideas behind that could all the more easily be used to undermine a pre-f*ck contract, no? Unless you give her weeks between the time you two want to screw and you actually do it. Which seems pretty unlikely in most situations.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:25 PM

I think that the best action would be to talk to her. Make it clear that you want to confirm paternity and that you want to give up your parental rights. Then your name never goes on the Hospital Records.