Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Ship it Holla Illini???

[ QUOTE ]
CHOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

THat was imsakidds and mines battle cry after each cup in bear pong, we were 1-1 for the nithg but got gayed out at theend..
CHOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! also tilts oppents [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
CHOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

, ROOOO ROOOOOOOOOOO!

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW I think you were the most enthusiastic choo choo
'er i've ever met.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:41 PM

Considering my mad skillz at bowling sober, id be interested to see them in action drunk.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you just join the engineering frat but not live in it?

otherwise I see very little pussy in your future

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a bunch of them have apartments.

I spend too much time on 2p2, its not like im some hudge partier anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make sure you get out some. Getting good grades is fine and everything, but make sure you do some fun crapola too (includes skipping class to do so - sleeping in counts...).

I interned at a law firm this summer and all the younger people working there all had the same regret in college - not having enough fun.

Yes, student's jobs are to study, blah blah blah, but sometimes you gotta be like Rex Grossman and say "[censored] It I'm going deep". Don't spend your time here in the library or studying for engineering tests (eew). GO to sports events even if you don't like sports. Go out on the weekends - go to bars - there is enough variety in the crowds at the bars to cater to each person. Play intramural something even if you suck at sports.

Don't sit inside, play poker, surf 2+2, and study all day - no one wants that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

which bar here is worth going to more then once?

the only ones that come to mind are joes, brothers, murphys (maybe?), and i really like legends.

i am usually sleeping on the couch in front of the tv in the union (usually all the ones upstairs are taken)

My advice to all new incoming students is to join a frat, b/c this campus is much more greek influenced then a lot of other schools.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which bar here is worth going to more then once?

the only ones that come to mind are joes, brothers, murphys (maybe?), and i really like legends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blind Pig, it is not on campus, but they have a huge selection of beer. It is definitely not the place to go get smashed, but it is a nice change of pace compared to many of the campus bars.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:41 PM

I luv brothers, never been to joes :*(
Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM

I didn't really like Bro's that much. One summer I went to Joe's almost every night, but thats what happens when its $2 U-call-it for the ENTIRE summer.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't really like Bro's that much. One summer I went to Joe's almost every night, but thats what happens when its $2 U-call-it for the ENTIRE summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's $2 UCALLIT everyday at Joe's. There isn't really anything too special about Joe's except their large beer garden. This usually fills up right away, but if you can get a table, it is a great spot to hang out with friends and drink some beers on a nice night. Also, I didn;t know they had that back 'club'-like dance room until this past weekend. I had never really ventured in past the bathrooms before.

As far as the bars go, the "best" bars are really just what you are looking for.

In my experience, Brothers/Legends/Murphy's/Firehaus/Joe's outside are more of 'chill' bars where you go to hang out, drink a few beers, etc.

The other brand of bar - cess pool (Kams/COs/Station/Clys) are where you go if you want to yell when talking to someone right next to you, pick up an STD infested girl who can't walk stright due to the alcohol she has consumed, or ruin your shoes on the floors that are as sticky as insect/rodent traps.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, you can definitely do better than $2 u call its over the summer. Brothers had some sick deals over the summer, but Firehaus was my bar of choice over the summer (I also know 2 girls that work there tho). It gets so damn crowded now a days, so that kinda sucks.

Joe's: I really like their music and beer garden, but their back dance room definitely draws some skuzzballs.

Blind Pig: Awesome beer, expensive but worth it. Not a good place to be picking up girls.

Cly/CO's/Station: Make me want to kill myself
Old 09-15-2007, 04:41 PM

If anyone likes Burger/Dog joints, definitely check out Big Mouth. It's between 4th and 5th on the North side of Green St. and they are open late. They have the typical mainstays of Chicago-style doggie joints.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:59 AM

I eat at BMB religiously, Last night I was out w/ Minetz and blindingbeam and it was infy packed. we all ran the cheese fries, adn some dumb bitch stole one fo the posters on the wall (The metro train oen) dumb [censored]. Double cheddar char burger is absolute nutz and there cheese fries are heaven. this combined w/ an awesome atmosphere make the place rocking
OMG IDEA, 2+2 SHIPDACHEDDA MEETING AT BMBS! IM SO IN AND DUFCKING HUNGERY RIGHT NWOA