Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Raise his beatch-ass? And how much?

I think villian was something like 28/12, and I got the impression he wasn't great. Not sure why I felt that as I wasn't concentrating on this table so don't even know how he got his stack. Not much history though, I'm sure of that.

Anyway, assuming he's a break-even player, what to do on the river? We start 200bb deep, so you can raise/fold? And how much?

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1,921.80
BB: $1,190.30
Hero (UTG): $1,544.02
MP: $697.50
CO: $658.00
BTN: $600.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $21.00</font>, 4 folds, BB calls $15.00

Flop: ($45) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $33.00</font>, BB calls $33.00

Turn: ($111) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $86.00</font>, BB calls $86.00

River: ($283) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $108.00</font> ?
Old 09-12-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Raise his beatch-ass? And how much?

turbo call, this is a missed single card FD enough if the guy is bad. Dont think I like a raise though
Old 09-12-2007, 02:18 PM

I like making it 500. River looks like a KQ-QJ blocker bet. He 'd rather bet 100 than have to call 200 on the river. 500 looks like you either flopped NF or busted your Ad draw and are trying to rep that. Otherwise just call.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM

Villain looks kinda bad. Blockbet river looks like a single Q or a missed FD to me, not a hand better than yours, so I would definitely raise. I'm not sure which amount is the best, since he's probably bad I think he's just watching his own cards and trying to determine based on his own cards if river is worth a call.

Therefore I would just raise to around $300 and make him call your bet with TP. If you raise too big he is going to think 'this bet is too big for the strength of my hand, so I fold'.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:26 PM

I don't like a raise here, only because we can't stand the heat on a 3bet with a hand that has a very good showdown value. AQ, KQ and stuff like that very much in his range, but it's not worth it... I may be wrong though...
Old 09-12-2007, 02:36 PM

Bullitos- Keep in mind what were trying to represent. If we make it 300 it almost definitely rules out the thought of us bluffing because it looks more like a value raise. We need to give him reason to think were bluffing.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:46 PM

I know it's better to represent air or a monster here vs. a thinking player. But what I was trying to explain in my last post is that I don't think he's a thinking player. I don't think he's putting you on a range. He just wants to get his Qx to showdown and if he has to pay another $400 he is going to assume his hand isn't good enough because you are representing a better one. He's never thinking 'I made a blockbet, this looks weak, because of this he's pushing his missed AdKx draw so I will call my KQ'. At least that's what I'm assuming based on his line.

If he's a smart player it's definitely better to raise to $550 or something like that for value... But I think I would just call vs. a smart player though.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:48 PM

I like a raise here to about 450, although if villain is bad i agree with bullitos and make it easier for him to call. If he is bad he wont be thinking this is a VB size, he will think, only 150 more and I have top pair.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 PM

If you make it 4-500, he's not reraising (you have the Ad) if he's an average player, because he will put you on nuts or bluff. I like a raise to 400, as explained by the above post.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you make it 4-500, he's not reraising (you have the Ad) if he's an average player, because he will put you on nuts or bluff. I like a raise to 400, as explained by the above post.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I did. I was fairly active at the table and I could easily have the Ad or something so I raised to $450, thinking he could make a hero call and would probably call AQ/KQ in any case. As it happened he called with Kd6d for the flopped flush. Oh well, it should have been worse I guess.