Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: WSOP on ESPN Thread (9/11 - Day 3)

[ QUOTE ]
More Tran, less Khan pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Scotty Nguyen and Kenny Tran need to SAVE this WSOP ME telecast in the future.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:11 AM

Everyone during the Main Event when it was going on was saying that his dances were just a part of his personality.

From watching the last 2 weeks it looks ridiculously forced and a ploy to get TV time and endorsements down the line.

Guess it worked for him now that he's Team PokerStars but he's a joke overall.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
More Tran, less Khan pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Scotty Nguyen and Kenny Tran need to SAVE this WSOP ME telecast in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone during the Main Event when it was going on was saying that his dances were just a part of his personality.

From watching the last 2 weeks it looks ridiculously forced and a ploy to get TV time and endorsements down the line.

[/ QUOTE ]He probably didn't get anything extra from pokerstars to be on the team. It's in the contract that the bonus they pay for making the FT is compensation for being on team pokerstars.
Anybody else notice that he was wearing a pokerstars.com shirt? I thought espn couldn't/wouldn't allow the .com logos.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I swear a lot of times you could see him peek at the camera, think a little bit, then launch into some contrived performance over taking the blinds.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:17 AM

You gotta admire how well the AA guy took that beat. I don't know if I could have.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No mentions of dentists please. Reminds me of Cory Zeidman's ungodly story about why he slow rolled Jen Harman during the final table.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that was on like day 1

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have phrased that better. I meant Zeidman's story during the Final Table broadcast, not when the actual event took place. For those who didn't watch the Main Event Final Table PPV, Cory Zeidman was in the booth and asked about the hand against Jen Harman. He told his ridiculous, 10 minute rambling story involving crumbs on the chair in the dentist office. It was beyond painful to listen to. If they sent Cory Zeidman to Guantanamo Bay, listening to him would officially qualify as torture.

[/ QUOTE ]

The godawfulness of that story, and subsequent ripping of it by Gordon and whatshisname were the most memorable thing about the ME FT broadcast for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are 15 minutes of my life I will never get back. WTF was the dentist about!

Also Khan is annoying, he is not on Molinas level but man he would piss me off if I was at the table
Old 09-12-2007, 11:36 AM

Just to clarify, was Bart shown next to Chris Ferguson before Christ got knocked out? It looked like him, but wasn't too sure.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You gotta admire how well the AA guy took that beat. I don't know if I could have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should have phrased that better. I meant Zeidman's story during the Final Table broadcast, not when the actual event took place. For those who didn't watch the Main Event Final Table PPV, Cory Zeidman was in the booth and asked about the hand against Jen Harman. He told his ridiculous, 10 minute rambling story involving crumbs on the chair in the dentist office. It was beyond painful to listen to. If they sent Cory Zeidman to Guantanamo Bay, listening to him would officially qualify as torture.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The godawfulness of that story, and subsequent ripping of it by Gordon and whatshisname were the most memorable thing about the ME FT broadcast for me.

They are 15 minutes of my life I will never get back. WTF was the dentist about!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish it was just that 15 minutes of my life I couldn't get back. That story was so painful, I think of Cory Zeidman everytime I hear anything about dentists. I would rather go to the dentist than have to listen to that story ever again.

To be fair, the reaction of Gordon and Nejad (sp?) afterwards, along with all the comments here, provided some good laughs. I still cannot understand how Cory Zeidman makes WSOP final tables. He came off as the biggest idiot ever during that interview. "Cory, why did you slow roll Jen Harman with a straight flush?" That is a very simple question. How he ended up talking about crumbs on the dentist chair is one of the great mysteries of life.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the pro side for Khan: He did seem genuinely excitable and full of nervous energy. He obviously did not mean any of his antics to be mean-spirited.

HOWEVER ... I cannot believe someone could either A, not realize how annoying and disrespectful his behavior would be to the table, or B, would know and just not care because this is the "Me" show.

I don't care if you're excited, shocked, in disbelief, whatever, there is no excuse to do a choreographed victory celebration, especially when you deliver a sick beat for a gigantic pot like with the QQ vs. AA. Think about how that guy felt, about to be in the top 10 in chips getting to the latter stages of the main event, all-in with the nuts and the most annoying guy at the table pretty much flops you dead.

To all friends of Khan, it is obvious he is not a bad guy. But how can anyone say his behavior was acceptable?

[/ QUOTE ]

That Red Bull is one hell of a drug! Khan must have a low tolerance for caffeine.