Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: $10NL AKs in BB vs AI-4bet

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glad to know I was in the right here. I'd been in a downswing and needed to make sure I wasn't just playing this passively cuz I'd been hit pretty hard recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Passive?

Remember, folding _is_ aggressive play.

[/ QUOTE ]

err... is this some sarcastic joke or??? i've never heard this before [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling lowers your Aggression Factor. Raising and Folding raise your Aggression Factor. By definition folding is aggressive play. A lot of people miss this important point.

No level.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glad to know I was in the right here. I'd been in a downswing and needed to make sure I wasn't just playing this passively cuz I'd been hit pretty hard recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

Passive?

Remember, folding _is_ aggressive play.

[/ QUOTE ]

err... is this some sarcastic joke or??? i've never heard this before [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling lowers your Aggression Factor. Raising and Folding raise your Aggression Factor. By definition folding is aggressive play. A lot of people miss this important point.

No level.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah... I see. Thanks for the clarification KurtSF. I've never thought of this before. Very cool!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold. PFR's of 8% don't 4-bet shove without AA/KK

[/ QUOTE ]

So i shouldn't get it in with Kings either?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lock thread please.

(phos, that's not a knock on you, just a joke about the seemingly eternal debate about folding KK preflop).

Serious answer: if he's "usually" doing this with AA/KK, how often does he do it with AK or QQ?

If you're holding AK you're chopping with AK and still behind QQ (though not crushed) so it really doesn't matter, its still a fold.

If you're holding KK he only has to do this with AK or QQ once in a while as you are crushing those hands (and there's only 1 KK combo), so its an easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i know most players can't hear this question anymore.
I have a problem with saying "Never fold KK preflop" but also saying this is an easy fold with AKs ("This is always KK+").
Let's say villain pushes always when he has KK+ and 60% of his AK and QQ, then you have a 50/50 situation with KK (still +EV because of the dead money)!
Against this range you have 39% equity with AKs! You would need 41% equity to make it a break even call so it's still a fold but it's closer then most people would think.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:01 PM

abort.