Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Collusion in SNGs at Pokerroom

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rang support and got them to admit on the phone that these players were colluding, but they would not close the players down.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously this is massively retarded by the site.

pokerstars is widely acknowledged as the best site to deal with colluders - there are quite a few posts on here and in the STT forum about emails that people receive refunding them money confiscated from colluders.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually did offer to refund my money in the form of a tournament ticket even though I said I just wanted the colluders shut down. Also pointed out that I didn't really want a ticket to play in crooked games. I guess shutting these particular guys down doesn't achieve much they can just move on. What worries me is that a poker site as large as theirs can't spot and/or act swiftly to stop it. Their loss in terms of my poker $$$.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:59 PM

Just out of curiosity, have you heard anything back from PokerRoom. I assume their support can't make the desicion to close accounts. They must have some security department dealing with it.

Are they still playing together as you said before? If they are this is really not good.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:46 AM

Hi guys (and girls of course),

Sorry for showing up a bit late, but we're launching our new site where players can read and learn a lot about various Ongame Network operators as well as file complaints against them in two week's time, so we haven't had the time to scan 2+2 for a while.

"I assume their support can't make the desicion to close accounts. They must have some security department dealing with it."

Your assumption is more or less correct. Certain operators do conduct security work on their own and have additional cheating policies on top of the ones we enforce, but in a network such as ours, there is of course a central fraud and collusion unit in charge of preventing and punishing this kind of behaviour network-wide.

From our end we can report that:

(1) The support organization of the operator in question did bring this case to the attention of the fraud squad.

(2) An investigation took place.

(3) In accordance with the policies enforced by Ongame Network, certain measures were taken a week ago to prevent the investigated behaviour from repeating itself.

What that actually means in terms of punishment, is quite an easy guess.

If reported to ombudsman@ongamenetwork.com, we will also investigate whether the operator's support organisation handled the communication with the end-user in accordance with our required standards. But based merely on what we've learned so far it seems like actually everybody got what they wanted. It's just a shame if that got lost in the communication process.

Unfortunately in a gaming environment as big and crowded as ours it can at times be difficult for our automated fraud protection systems (IP blocks etc, etc) to detect all attempts to gain an edge quickly enough.

So any help that you players out there are willing to provide our operators with - and essentially us - is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

The Ombudsman
Ongame Network
www.onzone.com - Coming Soon!