Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 01:07 AM

Default Re: Timex\'s Well

[ QUOTE ]
What do you look for in a stakee? Is there anyone you feel was a big gamble/ wasn't incredibly accomplished at the time that you staked?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 AM

What games would Timex be playing if he had a $15k bankroll?
2005 Timex would be playing 2/4 limit

Now, I'd probably be playing 2/4 NL, and soon play 3/6 NL

how does JJ prodigy rank in terms of top online tournament players?
Way up there

Has he made more from poker than you have?
I don't know how big cash games have gone for him, but I'd say like a 60% chance hes made more

Have you ever hit any rough patches in your poker career?
If so, what were they? How did you get through?
I was always afraid of moving up in stakes when I was getting started since I was so afraid of losing money.
I also kind of went through a rough patch last fall since I wasn't really adapting to changing game conditions enough(ie. repopping any 2 against unknowns was becoming worse). I got through the first one through constant berating from pacmann about being nitty as he talked about how huge of a joke party 10/20 was while he had his 700BB downswing. Dunno how I got out of my rough patch this fall, I guess I just decided to try to do less stupid stuff.

Who are the worst MTT regulars, and if you have any knowledge of my game at all (GrinderMJ). How would you suggest I improve?

I have played with you like <100 hands, and the reason I said you are bad is based on 2 marginal hands I saw, one which I wasn't even at the table for.

Its really hard to say who the worst regulars are, since some people do very well against players who don't adapt. If I were put in a tournament with 1000 pearljammers, I think I could win like 1/40 times, but his edge in tournaments may be larger than mine. Its really tough to say, give me a list of players and I'll tell you who I think are the worst couple.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 AM

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:19 AM

The premise of this question may be flawed:

Does running bad still bother you? I mean, if you lose $100k staking a big event, I'm sure it'd bother you. But if you completely blank a Sunday and lose like $5k, are you irritated by it?

If you actually literally never run bad, I apologize for the heresy.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
Rick McDonald, hes a software developer for RIM(Research in Motion, they make the blackberry)

Does running bad still bother you? I mean, if you lose $100k staking a big event, I'm sure it'd bother you.
To be honest, I'm pretty detached from staking, when greg lost 3 handed and when kingdan lost HU, I didn't really react badly.

But if you completely blank a Sunday and lose like $5k, are you irritated by it?

I'm kind of irritated just because my results deep in tournaments are so bad given how frequently I get deep, and I feel like I play tournaments very well yet there are people who run at donkaments like I do at staking that I'm constantly comparing myself to.

Another thing is, I can't not think in terms of bets at this point, a couple months ago, I lost 30 bets + 50% of sirwatts who lost 60 bets playing 500/1000 cap NL(the game was stupidly good, I think most $2.00/$4.00 NL players were +EV), then won a bunch of buyins at 10/20 and 25/50 and despite being down 15k on the session, it felt really good.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:31 AM

Please comment on the profitability of poker and the ever-increasing strength of the games. Do you see yourself making significant money from poker in 10 years (by your play or otherwise) ?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 AM

How many 5 year olds?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Please comment on the profitability of poker and the ever-increasing strength of the games. Do you see yourself making significant money from poker in 10 years (by your play or otherwise) ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone bump this and re-ask the question after he's had 6 months or so of live experience.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:37 AM

How good do you think an average person with average intelligence and self-control can get at poker?

Hayden Panetairre or Jessica Biel (Hint: It's really not close)?

Do you play video games? If so, are you stoked for Assassin's Creed?

When was the last time u cried?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 AM

- How much of your net worth, as a basis of %, would you be willing to invest on an edge you feel is around a 10% ROI?

- How's your PLO game since Niagara?

- 5 most likely bands on your Ipod playlist?

- Is beating Timex in 3 straight 300bb HU matches qualifications enough for backing when a certain backer cannot fulfill obligations on account of losing his roll to Ziigmund?

- Jurollo or ZBTHorton?

- Shaun Deeb or Thayer?

- Adam Junglen or anyone?

- WoW or Razz?

- Jamie Gold or Jerry Yang?

- Forced to move away from Waterloo, where would you reside?

- Are you still backing fresh faces for Turning Stone events?