Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Default AA against an unknown line check

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $755.10
Hero (BB): $400.00
UTG: $636.65
MP: $392.50
CO: $423.00
BTN: $394.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $42.00</font>, SB calls $30.00

Flop: ($84) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $70.00</font>, SB calls $70.00

Turn: ($224) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, hero bet/calls?
Old 09-11-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: AA against an unknown line check

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 PM

I tend to check in this spot and call river vs. unknown. No draws to charge, he either has it or is floating, if he's floating you'll snap of a bluff on the river and if not you lose minimum.

Obviously valuebet river if checked to, chances are good with this line middle pairs will look you up.

EDIT: On second thought i agree wih schwza, a float is unlikely. But unless you have a maniacal image or villain is an idiot i don't think you can get two streets of value against pocket pairs. So i still think check turn is the best play.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:22 PM

I prefer to bet again here, gets more value from TT-QQ than checking behind does.

I'd bet $135
Old 09-11-2007, 09:24 PM

Betting and checking behind or both fine. Would be a pretty gay spot if he shoves the turn though.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to check in this spot and call river vs. unknown. No draws to charge, he either has it or is floating, if he's floating you'll snap of a bluff on the river and if not you lose minimum.

Obviously valuebet river if checked to, chances are good with this line middle pairs will look you up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's pretty unlikely he's floating with air with the intent of bluffing the river. this is way more likely in a single-raised pot.

the way that you can miss value by checking is if villain has 99 or something and you let a Q come off. i'd just bet it the whole way and hope he has a pp high enough. if he has a K then so be it. you're going to lose a fair amount anyway because you'll obv call his river bet.

edit: i changed my mind. i'd check here. i don't think that pp's will call 3 streets often enough (even though they will small) and you're just going to stack yourself against Kx too often.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting and checking behind or both fine. Would be a pretty gay spot if he shoves the turn though.

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 288 in a 224 pot, there's no way you're getting away if you bet the turn.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 288 in a 224 pot, there's no way you're getting away if you bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea didn't see that. Given that if you're ahead here you only have 2 cards to worry about, I kind of like checking and value betting or overbet shoving the river if checked to again.