Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: KK vs. decent LAG - NL $50 6m

shove the flop, as played. shove the turn
Old 09-11-2007, 06:17 PM

OP,

I like your line - crai turn is probably better though, like Orange said.

To those who think villain will call a flop push with "something like" AJ, can you please name any other worse hands a decent player might call with here? Cos I have trouble thinking of any.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 PM

I like it, also. However if I was confident he'd fire again on the turn I'd prefer to CRAI. Just depends how aggro he is, i.e. would he check behind with a draw or bet it out.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP,

I like your line - crai turn is probably better though, like Orange said.

To those who think villain will call a flop push with "something like" AJ, can you please name any other worse hands a decent player might call with here? Cos I have trouble thinking of any.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this depends on hero image as well, but any made hand that didn't raise on a bluff is likely to call. He should be looking hero up pretty light here if he's been playing back a lot in position, since it's not unreasonable for hero to be b/3b shoving a lot of draws on this flop, and not just draws that are flipping with his pair.

Maybe it's just me, but whenever I find myself in this spot with something like KQ and b/3b this flop against a "decent LAG" who's been fighting me in every pot, he snapcalls with AT.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM

I thought CRAI was more standard here.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 PM

id 3bet the flop lookin to get AI. Only hands that id give really any credit to that beat us are JT/44. But i raise for value against TP hands and charge draws. Sure villian might fold a draw if we raise but the line we take risk/lets him hit his draw cheaply and when the turn blanks we fire then he def is more likely to fold a draw compared to the flop (obv cause he has 2 more cards to hit his draw)...if you think he is super aggro post and will bet the turn most the time then id rather CRAI than the line you took. Personally id just get it AI on the flop.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this depends A LOT on our image as well...if we have been passive i think its a lot less likely but if we have been runnin aggro then i think a "decent" villian def will get AI w/ TPTK.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just hate shoving the flop when a big chunk of the time I'm just getting called by a set or 13+ outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
against this guy - it doesn't seem like he can fold something like AJ, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

LAGs aren't all donks.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me, but whenever I find myself in this spot with something like KQ and b/3b this flop against a "decent LAG" who's been fighting me in every pot, he snapcalls with AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy single tables and plays alot. He's good enough to know that unless I'm tilting, A10 is never ahead of a flop shove from me on this board. The absolute worst made hand he calls with is AJ.

Also, for those of you saying c/r ai, I'm worried that Villian should know I'm c/ring this turn a pretty good percentage of the time and will check behind with alot of his strong draws. Do most of you guys bet this turn w Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or the NFD after raising in pozz on the flop?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy single tables and plays alot. He's good enough to know that unless I'm tilting, A10 is never ahead of a flop shove from me on this board. The absolute worst made hand he calls with is AJ.

Also, for those of you saying c/r ai, I'm worried that Villian should know I'm c/ring this turn a pretty good percentage of the time and will check behind with alot of his strong draws. Do most of you guys bet this turn w Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or the NFD after raising in pozz on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly would check behind turn with my draws. But wont this guy raise the flop with more than sets and big draws? Wont you check the turn if you want to exercise pot control as well? If he smells weakness, and his hand isnt all that good, surely he could be tempted to take another stab? Many players like to double barrel with their big draws...