Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Re: The Well: SEABEAST

[ QUOTE ]

who do you think are some of the good posters on here?

[/ QUOTE ]

i already said who i think are some good ssnl posters [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 10:04 AM

Love your well so far SEABEAST..thnx for all the effort. <3

One final question:

What are your thoughts on blind play?

Complete range from the SB?

Raise range from teh SB?

Do you raise any two when someone limps on your BB?

I know, player dependent, but assume unknown.

Tnx!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what were some of your favourite threads when you made the transition to NL?
what about all time favourite threads on 2+2 for whatever reason?

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread pretty much blew my mind.

Some others I have saved:

Profitable Situations

Aspirations

Just look at the quality of minds in this thread pre legislation [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Aaaand this one is just for fun

[ QUOTE ]
do you ever use the minraise postflop? if yes, can you give an example of a situation where you think a minraise would be good?

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. msnlers seem to like using it when there's a good chance villain will bluffshove over it but i don't do it much.

[ QUOTE ]
lastly, where do you see yourself in 5 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully i will be providing something of some small value to the world, not just sitting around on my computer all the time. i want to travel a lot too, and invest, and have freedom. i hope to be decent at trading by then, but i don't ever want to focus too much on money. a big part of the reason i want to be able to invest a lot in the future is that i think it would be really fun, and feel really good to own multiple houses/something like a restaraunt or shop etc.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Teach me everything you know about 4 betting.

You are literally the best I have ever seen at it. I know you prob dont want to give it all away but a few points on what most ppl dont do enough and are there any-ways to exploit it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the things that is very math based in a way. You need to have an intuitive feel for how often the guy is threebetting you (so how wide his range is), how light he will go to the felt when you fourbet (how fearless he is) and learn when to attack and when to let him be... It's a sliding scale kind of thing based on his stats, positions, how he plays you, etc.

At the start of this year it was insane, all the regs knew that threebetting a lot was what you were meant to do, so they were threebetting each other like crazy with all sorts of hands to exploit the fact that everyone opens all pairs/connectors/dominated face cards and then folds most of them to a reraise... but noone made the next step and realised that if this is the case, you should fourbet the threebettors for the same reason... people were threebetting anything and then folding all but QQ+AK+ like it was 100NL or something. it was amazing, games were very easy, but now there are a lot of psycho fourbettors and AQ is the new KK [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Edit: By far the best way to improve your skills at this is playing tournaments
Old 09-11-2007, 10:27 AM

favorite MTG deck/format
Old 09-11-2007, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What are your thoughts on blind play?

Complete range from the SB?

Raise range from teh SB?

Do you raise any two when someone limps on your BB?

I know, player dependent, but assume unknown.

Tnx!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah obviously really player dependent. vs a complete unknown who just sat with 100bb, i guess i probably open SB with all pairs, 45s+ suited connectors and one gappers, any medium offsuit connectors like 65o+, any two face cards, any ace, K9o+, tons of stuff. if he is nitty probably raise even lighter than that. but this is all assuming bb is terrible. if they are decent then i will open far less hands because they will usually be reraising or folding. in this case it's more like open whatever you would raise in MP. i usually assume unknowns are bad though. And yeah I raise any two vaguely coherent cards when someone limps in sb and im bb. i might take a flop with 92o, but im always raising 96s etc
Old 09-11-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
favorite MTG deck/format

[/ QUOTE ]

IPA draft was my favourite [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] i loved basically any limited format though.

favourite deck = accelerated blue or any deck with deranged hermit in it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] also used to like playing creature decks with a lot of utility like three deuce etc. the last block i played much was kamigawa.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:56 AM

Thoughts on cold cold calling from the blinds vs a mid position raiser w/hands like JJ/QQ vs 3-betting and what is your frequency for either action??

I have found both these hands to be difficult to play OOP in a 3-bet pot when the flop comes all undercards, ie you 3-bet MP raiser w/JJ from SB and the flop comes

T43 rainbow.

Edit: My default line is to 3-bet vs CO/Button Raiser here, but vs MP and UTG and I sometimes change it up.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:33 PM

Im really high and about to get into bed.

What record should I put on?

Last night was LP1 Side A/B of "the chronic".
Old 09-11-2007, 01:54 PM

I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions Seabeast.

I'd characterize myself as quite a pessimist, in that I always think my opponents have the top of their range, or at least the one overcard to my big pair ... hence, I do a lot of check calling or check folding with my made hands ... is there any general piece of advice you can give to get me out of this mindset? Should I just bet fold a lot more?

Thanks!