Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Cry for Help

Basically i started playing poker online about a year ago and for the first 15k hands played on instinct, no real thought process...I played a few hours a week, just for fun. I made about 500$ at 25nl and 50nl most likely from running good.

After reading a few books and studying a bit of poker theory
i decided i would try to grind 30k hands for september 4tabling 25nl.

11 days in, i've played 11khands, however I dont know if I am playing correctly, I read over my big hands after playing and can analyse my mistakes but I feel that I have obvious leaks I cant see. One of my main concerns is I call with the worst hand too often, is this just apart of the learning curve?

Any help is very very much appreciated.

(on pokergraph i've added my vpip/pfr stats..i tightened up half way through, had great success then kinda went bad again - through a few beats and some bad play).
Old 09-11-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Cry for Help

I play mostly live, so I've got very little idea what any of that graph means....but imo, 11k hands is not a large enough sample to really get too worried about.

BTW, did you just start multitabling? If so, I'm sure that could have an effect on your playing if you're not used to it.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:38 AM

11K hands is still a pretty small sample. Trying to pick out problems out of PT stats isn't that great an idea, you're better off just posting hands you find tricky to play. That said, your W$SD is a bit low, which indicates either calling too loosely postflop (your WtSD is higher than mine) or just running bad. Your fold SB to steal is too low in my opinion which may indicate you don't give enough thought to position.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:42 AM

Is this Full Ring or 6-max?

Your W$SD is a bit low. This means (like you said), you are calling off too light on the river. That's definitely a leak.

Your attempt to steal is a bit low (especially at NL50 - I know it's only 600 hands, but 0% - WTF?). I think most players like to have this between 30%-40% in 6-max games.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:58 AM

its 6max,
i can play 4 tables quite comfortably
i know 11k hands is a small sample size, just after some obvious leaks...how did you guys go from beginner to understanding the game enough to be a winning player, did you study as much as you played? post hands every day? etc etc?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its 6max,
i can play 4 tables quite comfortably
i know 11k hands is a small sample size, just after some obvious leaks...how did you guys go from beginner to understanding the game enough to be a winning player, did you study as much as you played? post hands every day? etc etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

- Play a lot of hands
- Read these forums
- Read books like:
Harrington on Hold'Em 1-3
Theory of Poker
Super/System

and some others as well.