Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: Another S. America for December thread

[ QUOTE ]
I couldn't find the video stream online but they still are showing re-runs on Wednesday nights and Sautrdays I think on travel-channel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again! DVR set!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:35 AM

Also - if you like The Police they are bringing their reunion tour to South America in December.

They play Buenos Aires on Dec 1 and 2 and then play Santiago on Dec 5.
Rumor is they will have a date in Lima perhaps but it's not confirmed. I think seeing them in concert with a crazed South American crowd would be amazing.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:08 AM

I suggest going to Buenos Aires in the US Winter.....BsAs during winter and summer is like two different cities.
If you care about the beach I'd take a few days to visit some of the coastal cities (Mar del Plata, villa Gesell and Carilo are my favourites).

If you decide to go during the winter please take some days to visit Bariloche, you won't regret it. It's one of the most beautiful cities in the country.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if you want culture and want to 'experience' Peru than I would recommend Cuzco and Machu Pichu. And probably also Arequipa if you want to make the time to swing over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really didn't think Cuzco had that much "culture"... it had a lot of history, and amazing/beautiful history at that... but, there's more Mexican and Italian restaurants then Peruvian in the city... the whole place is built for tourists (for good reason)... but it's really not letting you see into everyday life, IMO.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:54 PM

Lima and Buenos Aires fares weren't working out as cheap as I had planned. But I did get a great deal to San Jose, Costa Rica! I wanted to go to S. America this time around, but I've haven't been to Costa Rica yet and there are more travels to be had in the future. Also, I'm leaving from my home airport rather than trying to fly or drive to Miami which is much easier on my sleep schedule.

So guys, any input on places to stay/festivities?
What sorts of adventures are to be enjoyed in December weather (ie. don't want to be trekkin' the jungle if it is deadly hot).

Cheers