Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: 2/4 TT

I prefer a call preflop and as played I fold.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:01 PM

meh, why do you bet if u are unsure what you will do if he raises
Old 09-10-2007, 05:19 PM

who says i was unsure? I knew what i was gonna do, i just want to know if what i knew was right.

Everyone is dodging the question, which is "is it plus ev to get it in here?"

Obviously theres no way i can check the flop.

From his perspective, he can't really profitably c/c <99, because a good player with position is going to apply pressure and he's never gonna get to showdown. Also I'm fairly sure that a) he calls preflop with a lot of 22-99, considering that he's probably sick of being 3bet and b) he 4bets me preflop with QQ+ a fair amount since he already did it once before, and since he's out of position.

FWIW i i'd autoshove JJ here.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:10 PM

QQ/JJ are hands that would take this line pretty often but there are certain players that will do this with smaller pairs cuz they don't know what else to do with them, or AK type of hands cuz they think they will pick up the pot somewhat often and have outs when they don't.

and as for it being the sixth best starting hand, it kinda sucks to take the sixth best starting hand and playing it in such a fashion that you aren't favored over your opponent's range once he puts in more than 4% of his stack. So, unless you think he's giving action with too big of a range vs your threebets and you're happy getting it in, just call and get value postflop. To me, it just makes no sense at all to even have a decision to consider here. That's part of the preflop decision process.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like threebetting pairs that you don't want to felt unless it's to bluff out some bigger ones (which isn't a good plan with TT)

[/ QUOTE ]

it's all about seeing where your at/pushing small edges

for the hand, fold vs villain
Old 09-10-2007, 10:30 PM

soah said:
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like threebetting pairs that you don't want to felt unless it's to bluff out some bigger ones (which isn't a good plan with TT)

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been a dilemma of mine for a while. Does this mean you felt it, or do you flat call pf against someone who hasn't been playing back at you here with 99/TT?

Everyone always says to 3-bet here in position with TT, tho maybe it's when we are in position and they are CO (with a wider range). But even then, going by your point, it doesn't change things.

soah said:
[ QUOTE ]
QQ/JJ are hands that would take this line pretty often but there are certain players that will do this with smaller pairs cuz they don't know what else to do with them, or AK type of hands cuz they think they will pick up the pot somewhat often and have outs when they don't.

and as for it being the sixth best starting hand, it kinda sucks to take the sixth best starting hand and playing it in such a fashion that you aren't favored over your opponent's range once he puts in more than 4% of his stack. So, unless you think he's giving action with too big of a range vs your threebets and you're happy getting it in, just call and get value postflop. To me, it just makes no sense at all to even have a decision to consider here. That's part of the preflop decision process.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been my thought exactly. But everyone says to 3-b pre (tho most posters suck pretty badly I admit)
Old 09-10-2007, 10:37 PM

wtf who is telling you to 3bet pre with TT here? calling a single raise pf with TT is pretty standard
Old 09-10-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
soah said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been a dilemma of mine for a while. Does this mean you felt it, or do you flat call pf against someone who hasn't been playing back at you here with 99/TT?

Everyone always says to 3-bet here in position with TT, tho maybe it's when we are in position and they are CO (with a wider range). But even then, going by your point, it doesn't change things.

soah said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been my thought exactly. But everyone says to 3-b pre (tho most posters suck pretty badly I admit)

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck pretty badly if you think everyone is saying to 3-bet pre here
Old 09-10-2007, 10:50 PM

wait a minute

TT is the 5th best starting hand, not the 6th best

not that it matters, I'm just mad that I didn't catch that sooner =P
Old 09-11-2007, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But everyone says to 3-b pre (tho most posters suck pretty badly I admit)

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck pretty badly if you think everyone is saying to 3-bet pre here

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah maybe it was SSNL. I just moved up to 400nl last month and started reading MSNL.

But most of the posts I've read (wherever it was) say to 3-b TT in position from what I remember.